Discussion Thread -- April 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

@Dan Jones .... The Ministry of Identitarian Maintenance .... Dan comes up with a world where the government not only plays fast and loose with your identity it also demands payment.

@johnnyjet .... The Mirror of Space .... Mr. Jet puts us in mind of a time and a place where nobody knows your name; not even you.

@Luiglin .... Haunted .... Luiglin definitely leaves me haunted with this story of identity lost, found, and damned.

@kythe .... Untitled .... Kythe has me wondering who is that woman in the middle and was she really here or not?

@Graymalkin .... The Stranger ...
. GM gives us a story of a quest for identity which might not have and ending.

@Parson for the wonderful reviews. Parson, was my story that offensive to your Godly ears that you had to keep the review confined to the March 100 word discussion?

@Heijan Xavier .....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I made an error of some sort or the other and wound up posting it where it didn't belong. I haven't a clue what I did. I must have clicked the wrong thread, but that doesn't seem right to me. Anyway, I had @nixie move into this thread, where I hope you've seen it. Also thanks to @Victoria Silverwolf for bringing it to my attention.

@Heijan Xavier .....ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I made an error of some sort or the other and wound up posting it where it didn't belong. I haven't a clue what I did. I must have clicked the wrong thread, but that doesn't seem right to me. Anyway, I had @nixie move into this thread, where I hope you've seen it. Also thanks to @Victoria Silverwolf for bringing it to my attention.

You know I was joking right?

I got my 75 word story up. I actually came up with something. No spelling mistakes even. lol.

Anyway, due to computer troubles, the 300 word story might take a little while.

You know I was joking right?
I was hoping so, but without a smiley or something there was a chance that you were deadly serious and I was not about to take that chance.

@Calliopenjo .... Who's That? .... Calliopenjo reminds us that identity needs to be recognized to be valuable.

I was hoping so, but without a smiley or something there was a chance that you were deadly serious and I was not about to take that chance.

I put 3 google eyed thinkers. And the last half line was really a last minute decision. I teach high school kids all day, so at 4:00am what seems like genius, is really adrenaline and caffeine fueled delusions of osmotically immature grandeur. Had I slept on it I might have snipped the last bit.

Luiglin -- This powerful story demonstrates how human feelings can survive the most repressive conditions.

kythe -- This mysterious tale makes us wonder what survives of ourselves.

Graymalkin -- This allegorical offering shows us how some quests never end.

Calliopenjo -- This philosophical musing reminds us that we are the greatest mysteries of all.

Peter V -- This alternate vision of history points out that we don't always know the real truth.

I put 3 google eyed thinkers. And the last half line was really a last minute decision. I teach high school kids all day, so at 4:00am what seems like genius, is really adrenaline and caffeine fueled delusions of osmotically immature grandeur. Had I slept on it I might have snipped the last bit.
I read the google eyed thinkers as "Did you really mean what I hope you didn't mean." But misunderstandings are rife when there is no body language involved. ---- As to teaching school. I taught for 4 years so I know exactly what you are talking about. I left teaching high school to attend seminary. In the first quarter all my classmates felt like they were really working hard, I felt like I'd just gone to an easier place to be.

@Peter V .... Argentina 62 .... Peter V. reminds us that sometime identity is what does you in.

@CTRandall .... Biometrics .... C.T.R. points out that in an automated world mistaken identity can make for serious complications.

@HoopyFrood .... Thumbs up .... Hoops tells a story about creative lying that is so contemporary and full of what's happening now, it's bound to become an instant classic.

Hoopy, your story is so good I might not even dare to write one this month, the comparison is likely to be brutal. Wonderful work!

@s.d. Ervin .... THE BLUEBIRD .... s.d. Ervin reminds us that identity depends upon context. The bluebird of happiness to one is the angel of death to another.

Welcome to Chrons! That was a very nice entry. Best of luck.

Back