Discussion Thread -- April 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

Busy month coming up so I thought I'd get my entry in early. Once I got the initial idea it more or less wrote itself.

Thanks for the theme, TDZ. Reasonably straight forward. Now to give the 300 some attention.

@Cat's Cradle .... Wiggle then a Niggle .... Cat's Cradle let's us in on a secret: When one question is answered it usually leads to another more existential question.

@jackwinabox57 .... "EL FOLDO" .... JWB57 brings us a legend of a famous, and eventually poor man.

@Hugh .... Matters of the Heart ....
Hugh points out that there is some experimentation which is better left undone.

@nixie .... Confession .... Nixie leaves me thinking that some confessions are better left alone.

I'm jealous, your dreams sound like the start of a detective novel and mine are the kind that usually have me looking in multiple doors to find the one that leads to the bathroom.

@Phyrebrat ... Your Place or Mine? .... Phyrebrat goes all Alfred Hitchcock on us and shows us the sinister side of serious shadows.

@Cathbad .... I Think… but Am I? .... Cathbad goes all philosophical on us and asks a basic question of existence.

Busy month coming up so I thought I'd get my entry in early. Once I got the initial idea it more or less wrote itself.

Thanks for the theme, TDZ. Reasonably straight forward. Now to give the 300 some attention.

Mosaix, your story has not appeared in the thread. Have you forgot to post it?

I've think I've cracked the Shakespeare/Mr Men mash up. Not worth the 75 entry though as anyone not reading this thread will think I've gone stark raving mad.

Had another written but despite been giving the OK it still feels like it's stretching the rules.

Back to the drawing board.

I've think I've cracked the Shakespeare/Mr Men mash up. Not worth the 75 entry though as anyone not reading this thread will think I've gone stark raving mad.

Had another written but despite been giving the OK it still feels like it's stretching the rules.

Back to the drawing board.
Oh, you can't keep us in suspense like that...

The Dark Lord, on the other hand...

The Dark Lord tried wearing suspenders while going to see Hocky Rorror - musical about a newly engaged halfling couple who get caught in a storm and come to the home of a mad trans-elf necromancer, Dr Furter N Frank, unveiling his new creation, in the form of an artificially made, fully grown, physically perfect dwarf named Hocky Rorror - but complained that they chaffed too much while he was doing the Clock Bend... whatever that is.

The Dark Lord tried wearing suspenders while going to see Hocky Rorror - musical about a newly engaged halfling couple who get caught in a storm and come to the home of a mad trans-elf necromancer, Dr Furter N Frank, unveiling his new creation, in the form of an artificially made, fully grown, physically perfect dwarf named Hocky Rorror - but complained that they chaffed too much while he was doing the Clock Bend... whatever that is.
Hopefully, it is not something he does while his wife/consort/whatever romantic pairing he indulges with is in suspenders...

That's weird, Parson. I can see it in the thread. Cathbad's is number 10 and mine is number 11. Have another look and let me know.

I can see it. Parson let us know if you still can't see it.

I see it now. I don't know what was happening this afternoon, but it just wasn't there when I looked.

@mosaix .... Who’s Who? .... Mosaix reminds us that the perfect kind of identity theft is done by a shape-shifter.

@D.A. Xiaolin Spires .... Manure Magnet .... I guess it's good to be a magnet, but a manure magnet is proven to be a serious detriment by DAXS.

Ashleyne -- The author takes us deep into a severely damaged mind in this sad and terrifying story.

Culhwch -- This tale of things best kept hidden creates great suspense and is full of irony.

Joshua Jones -- Through the use of gentle humor the reader is given a glimpse of the unknowable.

Cat's Cradle -- This introspective meditation on the self raises many philosophical questions.

jackwinabox57 -- The nature of living legends is wittily mocked in this clever spoof.

Hugh -- While paying tribute to a great fantasist, the author offers a lighthearted look at psychology.

nixie -- The realism of this police procedure strengthens the impact of its shocking revelation.

Phyrebrat -- A convincing mood of paranoia is created by this eerie tale.

Cathbad -- This compelling nightmare forces the reader to consider the nature of reality.

mosaix -- The ultimate crime is persuasively depicted in this tense story.

D. A. Xiaolin Spires -- An unexpected aspect of future technology comes to life in this comic encounter.

Well I wrote me a 'not too bad' story (83 words but there's still scope for editing) but sadly it was about superheroes - I've only now saw the entry from Culwych!

Mine's slightly different so I think I'll keep it in case but try another, plenty of time left :)

Back