my personal problem with deep pov.

Space_of_Writing

Science fiction fantasy
Well, I don’t know whether you have a big problem with this. But I—it doesn’t matter how much I strive—always suck at deep POV. I wanna write in this style because it’s so useful if you wanna have suspense or a vivid point of view.
I tried everything. I also printed a checklist!
But I suck. So, what—for they who writes in this style—are your best tips and exercises to become a pro.

Have you read about the different types of POV, and tried them out in different ways? Do you read a lot of novels and make a point to note the type of POV use chosen and how the author uses different aspects of detail, style, and/or voice to make it more engaging?

If not, there's a couple of starters. :)

I also struggle with deep POV and recently read Ursula Le Guin's Steering the Craft. It was really helpful, especially because it lays out different exercises to help develop the writing skill. I'm not 100% sure it will solve all deep POV problems, per say, but I do think reading it and going through the exercises might help, especially with things like character voice and description.

If you are doing Third person subjective, then you are most of the way there.

Often when I see written examples of deep third POV vs third it seems nothing more or less than third POV that removes everything that is poor in writing in general.
The filtering removed; the telling removed; the excessive adjectives and adverbs removed. It's concise writing with a subjective dip into the persons five senses and is probably what you should be striving for anyway.

Of course there might be a lot of poor examples(contrasting paragraphs to demonstrate deep POV)out there when it comes to this topic, which just adds to the confusion.