When did you stop watching TWD?

Snap, there are still some excellent episodes the second half of this series is picking the show up again.

Negan, at first glance is a total psychopath but there is lot more to him than meets the eye.

If we had been following Negan from the beginning and not Rick, would we have seen Glenn and Abraham's death as justified revenge after their group had slaughtered a whole outpost and Daryl had taking out a convoy?
Killing two of the group when he could have killed all of them shows
he still puts some value on human life.

Do I like Negan, no he is an arrogant, sadistic, egotistical monster, was it out of necessity he became this way maybe to keep his people in line, some of them are complete psychopaths or has he always been evil?

Which episodes would you say redeem the series?

For me the series needs no red

For me the show needs no redeeming, it is still great. " I hate how much it became about peoples relationships." I find that odd, the show has aways been about that rick/shane , lori/rick, daryl/merle, merle/rick, daryl/rick, carol/ed and so on.

For me the series needs no red

For me the show needs no redeeming, it is still great. " I hate how much it became about peoples relationships." I find that odd, the show has aways been about that rick/shane , lori/rick, daryl/merle, merle/rick, daryl/rick, carol/ed and so on.

Fair enough. I agree there where relationship subplots but the over shadowing ark of the show was fuuuuck zombies, we need to figure this sh*t out. Rick was just trying to survive until he fell ass backward into the group that had his wife and son in it. then everything was moving so fast from escape to escape to escape that the relationship with Shane was just kinda on the back burner. I am glad there are people who like the show still though, it was a very good show for me at one time

I have been liking the Red Machete. I think a cool spin off would be if they followed people or groups and had some one offs or at the most three shows. then moved on to the next. some live some die.

I stopped when Lori died. I would have stopped before that, but the internet said she died, and so I had to watch at least that far just to see her die. I hated that character so much. I was really hoping it was going to turn out she'd killed the fetus when she took the abortion pills and a Dawn of the Dead style zombie baby was eating her from the inside, because that would have been awesome.

But no.

Her death was just as pointless and incredibly trite as the rest of the show. Like the entire second season was structured around an American argument over property rights versus the right to bear arms. Who knew the zombie apocalypse would have so much boring, heavy-handed moralizing?

We've been watching TWD since day one and are only 1 episode behind being completely up to date. Last night after watching Who Are You Now and being bored stiff we said it's about time we gave it up. Far too much politics, too many characters, too many locations. No feeling for any of the characters except maybe Daryl. It was far better when it had a smaller list of characters and tighter storylines. Fear The Walking Dead is currently a much better show.

Until it stopped being free-to-air in the UK. Think that was about the fifth series (latter few being hidden on 5*).

I am still watching although my resolve was sorely tested last year. Thankfully I stuck with it and genuinely think the series is back in the right track.