When did you stop watching TWD?

RoyalMcPoyal

I remember going over to a friends place every sunday for the first season. I remember being so excited to just see what was going to happen next. Then after a few seasons, and the addition of The Talking Dead, the show changed for me. The dividing line for me would have to be after they flee the prison. The show transitioned into a soap opera. It became more about the interplay between the often dying characters than the element of surviving. I found the idea of creating a new home and fending off zombies much more interesting. I may be alone here, but TWD just became an ad machine for me and I couldn't watch it anymore. Maybe I am just more of an action fan but constant problems between group members just isnt for me.

Just like with Lost , I've had enough but am sticking with it as I've invested so many seasons of watching it. Just hoping it ends soon, but doesn't look likely.

Just like with Lost , I've had enough but am sticking with it as I've invested so many seasons of watching it. Just hoping it ends soon, but doesn't look likely.

Haha I feel ya. Theres alot I wish they would have changed but I guess it is what it is

I got as far as the end of the 3rd season, but even that was a big effort. Just seems to be going through the motions and I couldn't be bothered to invest in any of the lead characters because they were just bland.

Game of Thrones, had some promise, but again by around the end of S5 I tuned out of that too for similar reasons. And as for Lost, well that lost the plot more or less after season 1.

I got as far as the end of the 3rd season, but even that was a big effort. Just seems to be going through the motions and I couldn't be bothered to invest in any of the lead characters because they were just bland.

Game of Thrones, had some promise, but again by around the end of S5 I tuned out of that too for similar reasons. And as for Lost, well that lost the plot more or less after season 1.

end of the third season was when it started going downhill for me aswell. I missed the hype machine of GoT and Lost. I've thought about trying to get into Lost but I cant stand the GoT fanbase so Ive stayed away

I quit when a certain character met a very brutal end (getting his head smashed in). I feel like I might have enjoyed later episodes, but that was just too much for me at the time it aired. I may go back and watch some, but it's unlikely.

I quit when a certain character met a very brutal end (getting his head smashed in). I feel like I might have enjoyed later episodes, but that was just too much for me at the time it aired. I may go back and watch some, but it's unlikely.

I heard about that. Glenn was always kind of a wild card in my mind in a zombie survival situation haha. Thats the kind of stuff im talking about though

I really enjoyed watching him develop. And I don't think it was his death that turned me off so much as being strung along for the last season. Like--cool, I get it, drive the plot, but kill him once or not at all. Not this "is he alive or not" garbage, only to kill him off a few episodes later.

I really enjoyed watching him develop. And I don't think it was his death that turned me off so much as being strung along for the last season. Like--cool, I get it, drive the plot, but kill him once or not at all. Not this "is he alive or not" garbage, only to kill him off a few episodes later.

I haven't seen it, but it sounds like it was all tension and no release.

Is it the show it used to be? No. But I'm still invested in this show and its characters. I look to be in the minority but it wouldn't be the first time. It's still way ahead of most commercial shows. I'll hang in to the end.

Is it the show it used to be? No. But I'm still invested in this show and its characters. I look to be in the minority but it wouldn't be the first time. It's still way ahead of most commercial shows. I'll hang in to the end.

What about the show has kept you going?

Like I said, it's not the show it used to be, but the writing is still fairly solid and I'm interested to see how this plays out. Then of course there's Negan. Hands down the best villain since the governor.

Like I said, it's not the show it used to be, but the writing is still fairly solid and I'm interested to see how this plays out. Then of course there's Negan. Hands down the best villain since the governor.

I HATED the way they killed the Governor. They basically replayed his story line in an episode with a new group with no story building then he just gets killed. Negan from what I hear just seems to be a psyco

I stopped watching at season 2 when all the wind blew out of its sails for a season, I couldn't get back into it. Ive read all the comics. I think I prefer watching the infection unfold to watching it slowly grind people into the dirt. The series became all about the people, and I think I feel the walkers get not nearly enough love.
I guess I just became disinterested when in i think one episode there you didn't even see a single walker, zombies everywhere swarming... just not where the main characters were. eh.

Love z nation though. i think it speaks to me more than TWD. the characters at least have time for a shower occasionally *iiikky someone make rick clean his durn shirt*

Snap, there are still some excellent episodes the second half of this series is picking the show up again.

Negan, at first glance is a total psychopath but there is lot more to him than meets the eye.

If we had been following Negan from the beginning and not Rick, would we have seen Glenn and Abraham's death as justified revenge after their group had slaughtered a whole outpost and Daryl had taking out a convoy?
Killing two of the group when he could have killed all of them shows
he still puts some value on human life.

Do I like Negan, no he is an arrogant, sadistic, egotistical monster, was it out of necessity he became this way maybe to keep his people in line, some of them are complete psychopaths or has he always been evil?

I stopped watching at season 2 when all the wind blew out of its sails for a season, I couldn't get back into it. Ive read all the comics. I think I prefer watching the infection unfold to watching it slowly grind people into the dirt. The series became all about the people, and I think I feel the walkers get not nearly enough love.
I guess I just became disinterested when in i think one episode there you didn't even see a single walker, zombies everywhere swarming... just not where the main characters were. eh.

Love z nation though. i think it speaks to me more than TWD. the characters at least have time for a shower occasionally *iiikky someone make rick clean his durn shirt*

Thank you! I always thought there should be more zombie action. I hate how much it became about peoples relationships.