DISCUSSION -- April 2018 300 Word Writing Challenge #29

4KoI6AK-1.gif

Tough decision again. Lots of excellent stories. However, at last, my Short List and ***Favorites ***:

Down to the City – Rafellin
*** The Other Guest - Victoria Silverwolf ***
The Cornish Fisherman's Tale – Stable
The Boss – Cathbad
Place of Safety – mosaix
Mass - Cat's Cradle
If You Go Down to the Woods Today - Peter V
AFTER THE PINCH - s.d. Ervin
Breaking the Seal – Phyrebrat
Mine - Venusian Broon
Redoubt – chrispenycate
*** Revenge, Served Hot - Joshua Jones ***
The Door – Culhwch
*** THE LAST STORYTELLER - RJM Corbet ***

Tough decision again. Lots of excellent stories. However, at last, my Short List and ***Favorites ***:

The Boss – Cathbad
Place of Safety – mosaix
Mass - Cat's Cradle
Mine - Venusian Broon
Redoubt – chrispenycate
The Door – Culhwch
Thank you for your vote! 3 so far! Most I've ever had, lol

Agree but it used to be that no one wanted to lumped playing the healer :)

Hah! I know what you mean. Thankfully these days its much more socially acceptable to tell them to go buy a Wand of Cure Light Wands and stop wasting your motherfuggin' spell slots!

You ever read the webcomic Order of the Stick?

Hah! I know what you mean. Thankfully these days its much more socially acceptable to tell them to go buy a Wand of Cure Light Wands and stop wasting your motherfuggin' spell slots!

You ever read the webcomic Order of the Stick?

Nope, not heard of that one. I'll look it up, cheers.

Thank you for your vote. I am excited about that. Thank you, thank you, thank you. When this round is done, I'll reveal how I came up with my story.

I've went to vote 4 times now.

Each time I've thought "just one more look through them all before casting my vote" and each time I've got distracted by a previously unnoticed nugget in a story and changed my voting list.

It would be a lot simpler if I could do three single votes on different times/days :(

Plenty of time left anyways

The Boss – Cathbad
Place of Safety – mosaix
Mass - Cat's Cradle
Mine - Venusian Broon
Redoubt – chrispenycate
The Door – Culhwch
Thank you so much for the vote! This is the first time is a while that one of my stories has been competitive. It's so encouraging to see people enjoying my work!

Done my voting

mosaix
Phyrebrat
Heijan Xavier

(I see there's only one entry who doesn't have any votes at all!)

Thanks for the vote Danny. That wasn't a sympathy vote was it??? Sorry to see it's a dry patch for you. Been that way for me a while too.

I also thank you, @Luiglin, for the vote! Hard to believe I am two votes away from the leader in the 300... I am reasonably certain that this is the most competitive I have been in the 300s, so thank you to all who enjoyed my story.

Regarding my votes, I voted for each of my stories for different reasons.

@Heijan Xavier, I voted for yours because yours gave me a good philosophical chuckle, and may or may not have reminded me of personal experiences...

@dannymcg, I voted for yours because of the visualization it gave me of a fantasy Pac-Man with smiling emogis in place of ghosts.

And @LittleStar, I voted for yours because it was a sweet, melancholy tale of grief and loss, and I thought you dealt with denial and anger quite well.

What really amazes me about this month, though, is just how competitive it is. While there is one clear favorite for the win (who, if I had time to write a list of finalists for my votes, would be at the top), I don't recall seeing a time in either challenge where everyone has gotten a vote. While I cannot speak to how many people entered compared to past contests, I do believe the quality of these stories has significantly improved due to @Dan Jones' generous contribution. Looks like we all want it, my surname compatriot.

Congratulations to all who entered on your excellent work!

(Edit: Oh, and it looks like I have the 100th post in this thread! Do I get a prize for that? Maybe some floral arrangement for the bridesmaid dress I am preparing? At 6'2", male and overweight, I need as much help looking good in a dress and heels as possible!)