DISCUSSION -- April 2018 300 Word Writing Challenge #29

First of all thank you very much to the voters
Second, thank you for all the short listings and mentions (You know who you are)

Third, What just happened?
This was my first attempt at the 300 word challenge, and only my second attempt at any writing challenge on here.
Having read some of the entries from previous challenges, the best I hoped for was to amuse a few people (those familiar with Joseph Campbell and Christopher Vogler for instance) Like most of my writing, I do it mainly to entertain myself, and it's a bonus if someone else is also entertained.

So to come second in such illustrious company is somewhat flabbergasting!

I'm worried I might have set my bar too high, but I certainly won't be resting on my laurels.

Or, if that all seems like too much false modesty...

Thanks, I knew I was great!;)

CONGRATULATIONS PHYREBRAT!

Thank you, everyone, for reading my story. I appreciate it.
I don't remember if I said this already but I'll say it anyway. lol. I got the idea from a hidden object game. It's a dark story line. I didn't use their story so much as I got the idea from them.

Now, let's talk about those who once again posted but didn't vote...
To the best of my knowledge, only HazelRah this time missed voting , though s.d. Ervin only used one vote of the three available (newcomer, doesn't know all the details yet). While no fewer than five non-submitters donated their votes, being Abernovo, Graymalkin, Mad Alice, nixie and Vaz.
Which is pretty darn good as regards voting.

Oh, and many thanks to Cathbad, Phyrebrat and Starbeast for the votes, and to Stable, johnnyjet and Dan Jones for the comments:)

Sorry not to have managed a short list but it stretched out so long…

To the best of my knowledge, only HazelRah this time missed voting , though s.d. Ervin only used one vote of the three available (newcomer, doesn't know all the details yet). While no fewer than five non-submitters donated their votes, being Abernovo, Graymalkin, Mad Alice, nixie and Vaz.
Which is pretty darn good as regards voting.

Oh, and many thanks to Cathbad, Phyrebrat and Starbeast for the votes, and to Stable, johnnyjet and Dan Jones for the comments:)

Sory not to have managed a short list but it stretched out so long…
I got stuck in the same boat. There weren't any stories which were of low quality in my mind, and as evidenced by everyone getting at least one vote. So, I thought this challenge was an outstanding one.

First off, thanks to everyone who didn't write but did vote. I loves you people.

Congrats to pB - it was a great story.

Thanks to Abernovo and VB for votes, and pB and Starbeast for mentions - its nice to know some people liked it better than I did!

Finally, a very big thank you to Dan for giving me the set up for my single best post on this forum ever - I still crack myself up everytime I see that gif.

Congratulations @Phyrebrat .

i missed the voting again... apologies for that. moving house and all that entails plus no internet for a week meant i was severely lacking in time and ability to vote.

To the best of my knowledge, only HazelRah this time missed voting

Umm... I did vote, didn’t I? :barefoot:

Yeah, I voted for Dan, Xavier and Littlestar.

Although, I cannot blame you for suspecting I slacked on the voting, as I haven't really been very present here lately :cautious:

Congrats to phyrebrat though, as I vaguely recall, you had made it to my shortlist that I never got round to posting. I’ll try and do better with actually posting and shortlisting my votes next time :LOL:

Last edited: