Continue this

1. Space_of_Writing

Space_of_Writing Science fiction fantasy

Continue this little part and make a full short story.
    The flashlight is very helpful. I can see everything. The lab could be from a sappy horror movie. Everywhere are shelves which strange things. Bottles are filled with eyes, baggy stuff, and other things. Somewhere is the sound of falling drops…

Mar 31, 2018
  2. Ihe

Ihe Forum Revolutionary

...of something that goes *glug* and *bloop* and smells and sounds a lot like boiling sewage. I step on some of it. It clings to my new running shoes. It climbs up my leg like a horny dog. This is what I get for jogging through the forest this late at night...

Mar 31, 2018
  3. WarriorMouse

WarriorMouse My education started the day I finished school.

.... on an unfamiliar path. Why I didn't I run back away up the path after this ramshacked place revealed itself in the weak light of my flashlight I just don't know. .....

Apr 1, 2018
  4. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Member

...so much for a shortcut!
    This place is creeping me out. Got to be an old film set. These jars. But the cry that drew me in from the rain. What if someone's hurt? Oh my...something moved in the corner!

Apr 1, 2018
  5. Joshua Jones

Joshua Jones Well-Known Member

More of the clingy, climby stuff, moving of its own accord. The smell is nearly tactile as it forms into a visage. A roughly humaniod visage. Its...her...lips start to move...

Apr 1, 2018
  6. dannymcg

dannymcg Justified and Ancient member

She screeches at me in an oh so familiar tone and I freeze in utter horror as I recognise that voice from 25 years ago.
    My first wife! What's she doing here?

Apr 1, 2018
    WarriorMouse and Joshua Jones like this.
  7. M.A.Davis

M.A.Davis Smuggler. Space Pirate. Horrible Speller

I wondered to myself as beads of sweat began pouring down my face. In a panic, I slowly backed away keeping the flashlight centered on what ever was in the form of my late wife. Cracks, and then a shatter of glass erupted from behind my. I turned my head to see one of the containers filled with eyes had fell to the floor. As one of the eyeballs rolled in my direction, I could make out small pointed legs oozing out of it.

Apr 13, 2018
  8. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Member

Crash! Another jar toppled then another and a series of shattering explosions followed, invisible beyond my torch beam.
    I stood pinned on the spot as the scurrying eyeball approached, its scratching movements soon joined by a restless seething which grew louder as dozens of glistening shapes began to appear.
    I heard John Denver and screamed pathetically.

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:05 PM