Cheap science fiction and fantasy ebooks

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
A number of science fiction and fantasy novel ebooks on special offer this month:

HELL OF A DEAL

by Mark Huntley-James

“Everyone has their demons, but I buy mine wholesale…”

Paul Moore, shopkeeper, Master of the Dark Arts and demonic broker, has just met the hottest witch who ever tried to kill him. A date is surely out of the question - she serves the demons of the Babylonian Triad, and no-one defies them... almost no one.

Paul thought he was the best, until the Babylonian Triad launched a turf war.

Rival demons, competing traders, an explosive spice and ruthless church factions... Paul only wants to keep his home town safe and get the girl. He knows that being a Master of the Dark Arts involves sacrifice, but really doesn't want to be the one dragged to the altar.

Hell Of A Deal is a fight through life, death, demons and trying to survive a first date.

It's not the end of the world, just the start of a new corner of hell.

99p March 1st-30th: Available at Amazon UK | Amazon.com

NIGHT NEVER ENDS

by Martin M Clark

Casefile #1 - August 1951

On a hot summer night a teenage boy is gunned down in the offices of Astor & Associates, Private Detectives. The only witness; Lucas Helath, a seedy shamus with more experience of divorce cases than murder. An obvious suspect, Lucas goes looking for the real killer - only to receive the impossible message; ‘Harry Furie sends his regards’. Impossible, because his former partner is dead, lost in the Korean War.

With the cops, mob and vengeful relatives all looking for answers, or at least a fall-guy, Lucas has until daybreak to bust this case wide-open. But the night holds more than human horrors for our hardboiled private eye, even one with a quick wit and quicker fists. Already haunted by his own imagination, Lucas finds himself confronting those who invoke Haitian spirits for power and profit.

Voodoo? In LA? You’d better believe it, buster – or that’s what someone wants him to think, and it’s a damn convincing floorshow. For Lucas it’s all one long bad dream, but as the hours crawl by and the bodies stack up, dawn seems as far away as ever.

And it’s hard to wake up in the city where night never ends.

99p March 16th-21sh: Available at Amazon UK | Amazon.com

INISH CARRAIG

by Jo Zebedee

The alien invasion is over. Who would you fight to save?

In Belfast, John Dray protects his younger siblings by working for the local hard man.

Set up, he's sent to the formidable alien prison, Inish Carraig, a fate Henry Carter, the policeman assigned to John, can't stop.

Once there, John discovers a plot which threatens Earth and everyone he loves.

To reveal it, he has to get out and there is only one person who can help.

99p March 6th-11th: Available at Amazon UK | Amazon.com

ABENDAU'S HEIR by Jo Zebedee

Kare's been hunted all his life.

His mother, the cruel Empress, demands that he accept his place as her heir.

His dead father's rebellion want him to stand as a figurehead for their insurgency.

When he refuses his mother, she turns her wrath on those he loves. Kare knows he must face her. He returns to Abendau, his mother's city, to confront her.

If he defeats her, he can reshape his future; if he fails, he'll face her horrific vengeance.

FREE March 6th-11th: Available at Amazon UK | Amazon.com (plus two sequels at 99p!)

UNFATHOMED

by Ralph Kern

The M/S Atlantica, one of the most advanced cruise ships in the world, is lost.

Land has disappeared. Fuel, food and hope begin to dwindle.

After months recuperating in hospital, US Marine Jack Cohen hoped a Caribbean cruise would help him recover from the horrific injuries he sustained fighting in the Middle East. Instead, when the ship is attacked, he is once again thrust into battle to protect Atlantica against the ruthless enemy hunting her, and the insidious threat already aboard.

On these mysterious and uncharted seas, where even the compass shows the sun rising to the west, Atlantica's salvation may lie with a Navy warship which is as lost as they are. Together, they must pool their resources and use every means available to defend themselves while discovering what has happened to them.

And the rest of the world.

99p March 21st-26th: Available at Amazon UK | Amazon.com

EXPLORATIONS: FIRST CONTACT

(short story collection)

BECOME AN EXPLORER TODAY!

An exciting collection of First Contact science fiction stories, each set in the same universe. Join many of today's best SF authors as they tell you stories of explorations.

The Sphere ship appeared suddenly, damaged and dying. After making contact, Earth learned they weren’t alone in the universe. The Sphere gave them knowledge of space travel, and co-ordinates to other races spread across the expanse. It asked them to continue its mission of exploration and contact, but also left them with a stark warning: Stay away from the Star.

Over the next twenty years, the United Earth Foundation formed, and their ships were built, their displacement drives giving them the sphere shape when engaged.

Their Mission: First Contact

Prologue - Stephen Moss
Deja Vu - Peter Cawdron
The Signal - Ralph Kern
The Bottom Line - Chris Kennedy
End of the Line - Robert M. Campbell
Mercurial Rescue - Isaac Hooke
The Mission - PP Corcoran
The Last Command - Nick Bailey
Sleeping Giant - PJ Strebor
The Darklady - Scott Moon
Triaxial - Stephen Moss
Harbinger - Josh Hayes
Epilogue - Empyrean - Jacob Cooper

GATHERING

by Brian G Turner

Epic fantasy with a science fiction twist.

Sirath is on the run. Erin wrestles with her faith. Dalathos seeks his place in a world that would otherwise shun him.

Coming together on a promise of work, they hope to find their dreams and fortunes. Instead, they'll be snared in a conspiracy and left fighting for their lives.

Against them is Molric, who has journeyed to the past to destroy it. He plots to assassinate the Emperor and arm his allies with the secret of explosives.

But there is a gathering of forces bigger than anyone realizes. The decisions made here will decide not only the fate of an empire, but the future of humanity.

99p through March: Available at Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.

GOBLIN MOON

by Teresa Edgerton

Coffins float down the river, alchemists turn mandrakes into men, the gentlemen scoundrels known as the Knights of Mezztopholeez practice bloody rituals as vicious as they are depraved

. . . and one man fights a secret battle against villains and blackest sorcery, with wit, ingenuity, and a lethal lack of compunction.

Last edited:

Biskit

Cat whisperer
Sitting in the sun (between the rain storms)
transparency - it’s back at full price.
If only I had actual control of my price! Amazon seem to have decided to adjust at random, and the price KDP tells me is set does not match Amazon.com. :censored: (I think they're having a problem - I couldn't log in for a while today.)

On the other hand, this book promotion business is working - I have now sold 4 books since the start of March.(y)

Tirellan

Myself and a bunch of other indi fantasy authors have all dropped our book prices to 99p/99c for 4 days. There's some great books on offer, list is here: Grimdarklings

Biskit

Cat whisperer
Sitting in the sun (between the rain storms)
Myself and a bunch of other indi fantasy authors have all dropped our book prices to 99p/99c for 4 days. There's some great books on offer, list is here: Grimdarklings
And my Hell Of A Deal is still on offer:) - getting the sequel out (now with an absolutely fantastic 5* review!) took longer than expected, so I'm still doing the promotion!