DISCUSSION -- March 2018 -- 75 Word Story Challenge

Many thanks Victoria for this succinct renering of something that didn't want to be poetic at all.

I'm still blanking on this one. I had a faint idea but someone else got there first with a far superior tale.
Still plenty of time to let things gel :)

@Cathbad .... The Mission of the S.S. Sustained Hope .... reminds us that what goes around comes around. Over production is over production no matter who or what is responsible.

@Glen .... Mediterranean Light .... Even time travelers have to take a break.

@chrispenycate ...Glasshouse in the sky ....
Every type of life has meaning and purpose, even if you are part of the glasshouse in the sky.

@mosaix .... From Red to Blue ....
Sometimes space can be the jailer of first resort.

*points @CTRandall * "shuunnn hiiiimmm!" "buurrrrnnn"

eh, immitation, is teh bestest form of flattery and dirigibles are awesooommeee

Didn't mean to steal ideas from @Penny and @Joshua Jones !

I tend to not read any stories until after I submit my story, so I don't subconsciously "borrow" an idea. However, the side effect is that I may end up inadvertently "stealing" another's story idea. So my best defense is "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

@CTRandall .... Pride comes before .... Scientific progress without reasonable safeguards is unreasonably dangerous.

I first read the line "the increased gas pressure has resulted in numerous tears." as the pressure produced crying, which only made modest sense. Then after I realized my mistake, I thought about an entirely different way to understand that phrase if it actually did produce crying. It must be @Ursa major rubbing off on me.

@Jo Zebedee .... FLYING TOO CLOSE .... a story that crosses Icarus with the Phoenix, with a little gas thrown in for good measure.

@dannymcg .... We can rebuild him, we have the technology .... a poem that makes me go... "What did he just say?" .... very clever.

And Danny you do need to apologize as I see you've already done up-thread.

@Bob Senior .... Alternative Fuels .... Sometimes a scientist/dairy farmer might be a little too full of "it" for his own good. Ja?

Thanks Parson, I waited till I had my eye fixed to enter my story, still kinda fuzzy for close work but my distance vision is much improved. Any mistakes should be overlooked or you might hurt my doctor's feelings. Donkeyshine

Thanks for your review of my little verses Parson.
I played around for a long while trying to get in Return to Earth theme and then thought "Well an invasion by airship is close enough" :)

Back