DISCUSSION -- March 2018 -- 75 Word Story Challenge

So, I guess we had the good sense to start the year in the spring rather than in middle of winter? I always knew Chronners were smart people.

Steampunk? O my. I have never written or even read a stream punk novel.

I'm unsure how to even approach this challenge. I'll have to wait and read some examples.

You can see some, while you wait, in the 75-word Challenges of December 2011 and December 2015, as well as at least some of the entries in August 2017 when it was Cyberpunk/Steampunk.

I note that this is a good month for the Wonderbunny to dip his furry toes back into the mix. Or should we be discouraging him?

Oh yes, it's much harder to get a story complete in so few words. So well done for getting such a good tale off pat in your first attempt!

And Welcome to the Chrons!

@Hugh .... Home .... At the end of an epic trip there should be an epic homecoming.

@scarpelius .... The Legacy.... Sometimes knowing the ancient secrets allows one to go home at last.

Well, I wanted it to be difficult...........but now I'm struggling !

I like what I'm seeing so far.

Bob

@Garfunkel .... Roll Up, Roll Up .... A story which makes me think that what is unsaid is much more important than what is said.

@Cat's Cradle .... Prior to the Warranty Claim .... A story that makes me think that one is not the loneliest number, especially when it's the number you desire.

Grrr! I was sitting down tonight thinking about ending a story with something like that last line. --- I'm sure you did it better than I would have.

@D.A. Xiaolin Spires .... The Conversion of Mech-organic Worms .... A story which makes me think that the steam age was short circuited here on planet earth.

Thanks for the review Parson! But - sorry, Parson, too. A spell of sleeplessness is responsible for my getting to the finish line first, with that finishing line. Just couldn't fall asleep last night.

I hope you can still work that idea into your story, CC

edit: dannymcg, I'm wondering if my subconscious harvested the concept for a funeral-based story from your cremation thread? ;)

Last edited:
As we hurtle towards the end of the Challenge year, an update on the leader board.

And there's no change in the top 9, with Teresa still leading by a good margin with 33 votes from her 8 Challenges, while I'm still a nose in front of mosaix with 29 to his 27. TDZ has closed on him now she has 26 votes, increasing the gap behind her where Joshua and Victoria come in at 5th and 6th with 21 and 20 votes respectively, closely followed by Hoopy and Perp with 19 votes apiece. And HazelRah is still in 9th position with 18 votes, but she's sharing it now with Shyrka who has leapt up the table from 15th place!

Will Shryka continue her storming assault on the leaders? Will Teresa move even further ahead? Will the bunny boy hop into the Challenge and retake his throne as King of the 75s? Thrills, spills and more to come as we race along the final straight to the finishing line!

*spits out tea* Seriously? I am still in the top five after the last two months of shut outs? And in striking distance of the top three?

I need to get serious for this month...

Got my idea yesterday. After chopping off around thirty words, a little polishing, then using bubblegum, I stuck it on the wall, in the posting thread.

Nice to see new members floating in here (besides the usual suspects).

@Bob Senior - great idea for the new challenge, Bob.

Back