1. Check out the ebook deals and offers by our members here: https://www.sffchronicles.com/threads/570703/
    Dismiss Notice

March 2018 -- 75 Word Story Challenge -- READ FIRST POST!

1. mosaix

mosaix Shropshire, U.K.

Feb 13, 2006
    Shropshire, U.K.
    From Red to Blue

Steam rams hiss under the strain of making last minute adjustments to the targeting coordinates of the giant gun.

“Everything under control?”

“Yes, Commander.”

“No hitches?”

“No, Commander.”

“Not forgotten anything this time then?”

“Err... no, Commander.”

“Give me your checklist. Ah yes, here it is – ‘Inoculations’. Now, last time…”

The gun emits a deafening roar and a giant cloud of black smoke as it hurls a cylinder spaceward and beyond to the blue planet.
    Mar 13, 2018 at 3:32 PM
  2. CTRandall

CTRandall I have my very own plant pot!

Jan 4, 2018
    Pride comes before

Success! The new gas has sent the Ykerion twice as high as any other dirigible in history. Surely, the Communes will remember our achievement for decades to come.

We have also made an unexpected discovery. It seems that, at high altitude, the new gas expands greatly in volume. Future prototypes will need a stronger skin, as the increased gas pressure has resulted in numerous tears.

P.S. Please tell my father I love him.
    Mar 15, 2018 at 12:47 AM
  3. Jo Zebedee

Jo Zebedee Aliens vs Belfast.

Oct 5, 2011
    blah - flags. So many flags.

Got my wings
    Dressed my wings
    Broke my wings back to Earth

Cos we got
    Fire on Rot
    Sea-slam through each wall

We got Gas
    To power mass
    Gotta fly, gotta wing, gotta surf

Dying lands
    Don't need bands
    That fail or fear to fall

Ic, I'm born
    Wings I've worn
    That face fire, meet death -- find Rebirth.
    Mar 15, 2018 at 10:33 AM
  4. dannymcg

dannymcg Justified and Ancient member

Sep 9, 2016
    Cumbria UK
    We can rebuild him, we have the technology.

He was injured in the invasion, while airships were raining hate; When the landings were over they found him, a musket had shattered his pate.

“We'll fasten his head with brass staples, he'll mend as good as new”; The remedy failed, his skull wouldn't knit, what else could they possibly do?

Now he lives the quiet life, his mouth is forever shut; under his jaw is a one inch bolt and over his brow is his nut.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018 at 1:08 PM
    Mar 15, 2018 at 1:00 PM
  5. Bob Senior

Bob Senior Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Alternative Fuels

Professor Himelik Mannoover rocket scientist / dairy farmer guarded his compost bins, manure piles and storage tanks closely.

One night an explosion ripped the roof off the barn. Rescuers couldn't find any trace of Professor Mannoover.

Out of the night sky a parachute with Professor Mannoover slowly descended. He was smiling, he shouted, "It Verks, It Verks, yust
    a little tveeking mit da sauerkraut und beans in da Cow Chow, und ve goot to go!"

Mar 15, 2018 at 5:35 PM