Discussion Thread - March 2018 100 Word Anonymous Challenge

Many thanks indeed for hosting this @johnnyjet.

It’s probably the first time I’ve even looked at this competition, let alone entered it. Normally one 75 word story is quite enough excitement for me in the month. However, I did like attempting to guess others’ stories, and particularly enjoyed the mis-attributions of my own. My guesses were made easier because I’d thought it very likely that TDZ was the ringer.

The first line of my own story (“My crutch exploded and I screamed in ecstasy as I swam between the stars”) was an attempt by the fifteen year old in me to emulate the well-known opening lines of Max Shulman’s “Sleep Till Noon”:
“Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!
Four shots ripped into my groin and I was off on the biggest adventure of my life.”

Learning one's trade as a writer looks to be such hard work!

It’s a pretty steep hill to climb. It’s great though, at age 40, to embark on a new adventure that will, hopefully muster the scattered creative forces of a few decades into something really meaningful.

It’s a pretty steep hill to climb. It’s great though, at age 40, to embark on a new adventure that will, hopefully muster the scattered creative forces of a few decades into something really meaningful.

Good luck!

And may the creative juices foment as well as they possibly can!

Revealing myself now. .

I wrote Battle for Britain but, for reasons unknown, nobody voted for this literary masterpiece.

Revealing myself now. .

I wrote Battle for Britain but, for reasons unknown, nobody voted for this literary masterpiece.

I did mention it and said it could've been written by the judge which is a pretty good compliment considering he wasn't even in the challenge! And I gave it a twilight zone reference so it had to be good.

I did mention it and said it could've been written by the judge which is a pretty good compliment considering he wasn't even in the challenge! And I gave it a twilight zone reference so it had to be good.

@The Judge is decidedly of the female persuasion. Therefore she is often referred to (by me) as her honor.

Are judges supposed to persuade?
Oh, the stories I could tell ..... (cough, cough) .... In some circumstances the whole trial and punishment thing is an exercise in persuasion. .... But you knew that and were only pulling my chain.