Discussion Thread - March 2018 100 Word Anonymous Challenge

Well it looks like the poll has closed and there is a clear winner…..

The winner is NOT ME

Many many Congratulations to the writer of

Well, Maybe A Quiet Place By The Sea…

And many thanks indeed to @chrispenycate and @mosaix for being kind enough to vote for my story, and to @scarpelius and @farntfar for mentioning it.

Congratulations Mosaix
@mosaix

After much thought my vote went to:

Operation: Occupation Earth (#27)

Whoever wrote this has a deep understanding of all that is truly British and must have researched it over many years.

Really, wow...thanks. I was me<<< :p Thanks for the votes @Hugh , @dannymcg & @jackwinabox57

My inspiration..............

thumbs

Last edited:
Good job mosaix... and to me for guessing it was yours (y)

I don't think anyone guessed I wrote Judge, Jury and...

It was probably the quickest thing I ever wrote for Chrons - just squeezing in with moments to spare - and I think the ending shows. I really liked the opening & middle but it tailed off badly. Part of me wishes I did not submit because I would like to see what I could do with it if I had 300 words.

Anyway well done again to mosaix for a cracking entry

Well, now I'm really glad I voted the way I did cause it turns out Starbeast voted for my entry, homage to Glen Campbell. Talk about Cosmic Coolness, that's it right there! Grated minds think alike. Thanks for the vote SB. This challenge started slow, 7 days between entries 8 and 9 but then got exciting with Johnnyjet updating the guessing entries. So kudos to JJ and everyone else.
Congrats mosaix for a thoughtful story.

Well, now I'm really glad I voted the way I did cause it turns out Starbeast voted for my entry, homage to Glen Campbell. Talk about Cosmic Coolness, that's it right there! Grated minds think alike. Thanks for the vote SB.

Heh heh. :D We certainly do. Never did I imagine it was you whom I voted for. You're immensely welcome, bro.

600753660812b_720x600.jpg

There’s a 300 challenge in April so no 100 anon challenge.

I’ll think up a theme / genre for the May 100 in about a month. If I don’t will someone please remind me? My 72 year old brain isn’t what it was.

Here's a clue for you guessers, not one person has voted for my effort this time!

Together with my 75 word entry getting disqualified it makes a dismal month for me :(

If you want some perspective, read the critiques of my rough draft opener(s)

Almost Endless City Part I - Opening Pages of Chapter 1 (1271 words)

AEC Part I Introduction (second go) 1126 words

I've had to take a few days off to rest and reflect after these heavy doses of reality.

Don't feel bad. Learn something and come back stronger.

Congratulations on the win, @mosaix!

Well done, everyone. All very good entries. Here are the correct author-story matches:

Homage to Glen Campbell 1936-2017 - jackwinabox57
POSITIONS AVAILABLE - Cathbad
The Battle for Britain - dannymcg
Weather Mistress - johnnyjet
Protective Custody - Victoria Silverwolf
The Depths of One's Job - scarpelius
Hell of a Job - Penny
Traditional Logic - chrispenycate
Operation: Occupation Earth (#27) - Starbeast
.... and Odysseus hid in the great horse - Hugh
Well, Maybe A Quiet Place By The Sea… - mosaix
Shadow of Truth - Heijan Xavier
Judge, Jury and… - Peter V

And therefore, the red herring author was TheDustyZebra. Thanks, Dusty!

I hope everyone had fun with this challenge.