Discussion Thread - March 2018 100 Word Anonymous Challenge

johnnyjet

Western PA High Tech Country Boy
Welcome, one and all, to the March 100 word Anonymous Challenge. For those interested in entering, please send your stories via PM to johnnyjet--that's me--and I will post them to the challenge thread.

Theme: Occupation
Genre: Sci-Fi or Fantasy

To PM me, click my profile and select 'Start a Conversation'. Good luck and have fun.

This month's theme is open to various interpretations of the word "occupation."

Our first entry is a fascinating Homage to Glen Campbell 1936 - 2017 about the honorable occupation of Guardsman for the Solar System.

Three more fabulous entries!

POSITIONS AVAILABLE is about an unemployed Wizard looking for a position worthy of his talents.

The Battle for Britain expands on a different meaning of the word "occupation" – "possession, settlement, or use of land or property."

Weather Mistress is about a very talented TV weather girl.

Keep those stories rolling in!

"Homage to Glen Campbell 1936-2017" -- This tribute to a renowned entertainer offers both a clever pastiche and a futuristic vision.

"Positions Available" -- This comic look at archetypal characters of fantasy fiction also contains a touch of satire of the modern world.

"The Battle for Britain" -- This variation on a great moment in history leads to an unexpected revelation.

"Weather Mistress" -- This tale of a character with remarkable powers provides a wry account of professional pride.

Story number 5 has happily arrived!

Protective Custody takes a different twist on the theme of occupying forces.

Protective Custody does indeed give a whole new idea of the meaning of both Protective and Custody.

Three more lovely tales.

The Depths of One's Job sheds new light on the job of taking tolls.

In Hell of a Job, a ship's captain learns the downside of his job.

Traditional Logic offers us a "two for the price of one" take on "occupation."

"The Depth of One's Job" -- This clever variation on ancient myth makes the reader ponder the two things that are inevitable.

"Hell of a Job" -- This action-packed tale demonstrates the virtues of courage and sacrifice.

"Traditional Logic" -- This razor-sharp satire of humanity's foolishness is sure to stay in the reader's memory.

We have 8 awesome tales so far, but no new entries since last Friday. Get those inspiration juices flowing, all you Chrons!

Another fascinating and fun entry!

Operation: Occupation Earth (#27) tells the tale of an occupation that ends quite unexpectedly.

Now, as we come close to the end of the challenge, we have 11 fabulous entries.

Two more have happily arrived in my Inbox.

The surprising .... and Odysseus hid in the great horse tells of a very frightening occupation.

And in Well, Maybe A Quiet Place By The Sea… we find an occupation of a more subtle kind.

I will give 24 more hours for any final entries in the 100 word anonymous challenge! Then I will close the challenge and (probably with someone's help) post the poll and the list of entrants. Thanks to all who have submitted so far!