Testing Google Smartads

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Please excuse me being thick but how do I access the ad free site? Google doesnt seem to bring it up.

Can you post a link?

Mobile phone browsing is disconcerting at present since posts are interspersed with ads in Chrons style for Mature ladies who always say yes. I assume they are not selling orange juice (same disclaimer as Parson on this sort of thing. )
Sorry about that - I've now added a notice to those using the original SFFchronicles theme:

To view this theme without ads, please scroll down to the bottom left of the forums: just above the copyright notice from Xenforo, there is the style chooser link "SFFCHRONICLES" - click that and select the style option "SFFchronicles - ad free".

Last edited:

Vaz

We're in the pipe, five by five.
I'm getting lots of ads - it seems to be advertising things I'm currently researching which is quite amusing.

Two for one on Witch doctors, Swords made from Dragon scale and Drumstick lollipops!

v

tinkerdan

∞<Q-Satis
Just FYI:
After doing research over several Win OS and browsers and a handful of computers, I have this observation.

It appears that the biggest problem with the ads involves the menu strip at the top.
When using that and the one below to navigate, the page you arrive at is the most likely to not be able to render the ads properly leaving the click-able items below, no longer click-able(probably because there is a clear entity stacked on top waiting for the ads to render.

If you have a talk with the Google people you might ask them if they have a fix for that.