Netflix Lost In Space

freshlypopped.gif

Four episodes in. This is different and better than the
original series
. I'm hoping that the robot will soon add
to its vocabulary.

Done with season one. (y)(y)
I liked the dysfunctional version of the Robinson family. Toby Stephens had to stretch to make the transition from pirate captain to caring dad.
The robot was the biggest improvement over the original series. Its regenerative powers make me think that it's more organic than mechanical.
The question of species or machine should be answered early next season when the Robinsons aboard transformed J2 checks out their new galactic neighborhood.

There's a Season 2??? o_Oo_O
Netflix officially announced a second season on May 14, 2018 (one month and one day after the launch of the first).

Filming on the first season took around seven months and then there's post-production, including the impressive CG work, which adds another few months. At best, we could expect to see a second season towards the end of 2019 or, more likely, April 2020.
Netflix Lost In Space season two release date, cast, plot and everything you need to know

Yeah. Netflix has a little blurb at the end of episode 10 assuring fans that a second season is coming. I thought that it would reappear this year.
Big gaps between seasons seem to be the new norm for cable and streaming services. Mid-season and broadcast network "fall finales" have been adding to the watcher waits.
This is an annoying trend for the less patient among us.

Sure looks action-packed in the trailer.

It does. More so than in the first season. I don't blame them as the alien robots turned hostile. The problem I have is how to travel those extreme distances if they lost the mothership?

It's on, which strange, because it didn't show up on Netflix list for upcoming stuff for this week last night.

Season 2, I assume?

Yeah. I was browsing last night upcoming stuff and I swear it wasn't on their list. This morning I had the first episode on while I was having a Christmas wash (I know, silly me, bears should be sleeping). I'm going to rewatch it now before I make a move.

Excellent! I'll make room on my busy viewing schedule.
It will be the perfect filler for the empty spots created by all the "fall finales" that have hit lately. (y)

Reactions: ctg
I have watched first four episodes and I feel puzzled. Is it annoying to anyone else that this season feels so different? This is no longer a boy-meets-a-robot story but something more adult. There has been a couple of annoying situations, but I have suspended my disbelief.

Also why there is a horse in spaceship? What it has been eating for past year?

It was a dumb idea for them to keep the Robot away for so long. I watch because of the Robot just like I did when I was a kid. That annoys me.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas.

Reactions: ctg
I watched 1 - 6 last night; found it annoying that the recap prior to s1 would not play in full screen. At least, I could find no way to make it. Anyway, yes, the emphasis here is on the big people; at least (As I recall) up until e6, anyway. I recall J. Harris in a documentary about LIS said something about the change in his character from pure villain to greedy coward, but I cannot recall anything about the change to goofy or silliness from seriousness, other that the competition with the BATMAN show.

I was born late 1958, so, it is unlikely that I watched this program in its initial run. I recall arguing with my mom that because I was 9 years old, I should be allowed to stay up until 9 pm. :LOL:

when Judy was forced to hike from the broken down chariot to the camp where her father had been injured, and those raptors were after her, she leaped across a chasm but the dinos could not quite make it, well, I thought that was unrealistic. But, other than that, well the whole thing is science fantasy, anyway.

I thought I heard a familiar tune, one of the opening themes, but it was in the background, and I was not sure about it.

It is interesting, & perhaps more than just that, as is obvious from the fact that I binge watched 1 - 6 last night. Had I started around 3 pm, I would likely have finished s2, assuming 10 episodes. Actually, I wish I had re-watched s1, first.

Back