Four episodes in. This is different and better than the
original series
. I'm hoping that the robot will soon add
to its vocabulary.

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
Done with season one. (y)(y)
I liked the dysfunctional version of the Robinson family. Toby Stephens had to stretch to make the transition from pirate captain to caring dad.
The robot was the biggest improvement over the original series. Its regenerative powers make me think that it's more organic than mechanical.
The question of species or machine should be answered early next season when the Robinsons aboard transformed J2 checks out their new galactic neighborhood.

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Supporter
There's a Season 2??? o_Oo_O
Netflix officially announced a second season on May 14, 2018 (one month and one day after the launch of the first).

Filming on the first season took around seven months and then there's post-production, including the impressive CG work, which adds another few months. At best, we could expect to see a second season towards the end of 2019 or, more likely, April 2020.
Netflix Lost In Space season two release date, cast, plot and everything you need to know

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
Yeah. Netflix has a little blurb at the end of episode 10 assuring fans that a second season is coming. I thought that it would reappear this year.
Big gaps between seasons seem to be the new norm for cable and streaming services. Mid-season and broadcast network "fall finales" have been adding to the watcher waits.
This is an annoying trend for the less patient among us.