Looking for an idea

Timben

Being having a difficult time with my second book of "The Wanderer series". The timeline in this story is 1893. Being doing a lot of rewriting and rethinking on how I wish to pursue this. So I came up with a solution. After raking my brain for ideas, I finally came upon this idea -- finding the tomb of histories infamous legends known to man - Lucifer. The problem that I am having is -- what would the MacGuffin be? Ought to be a reason why Aussie mercenaries have kidnapped a professor of religion. I have chosen to place his crypt in Egypt inside a pyramid. Any help would be mighty grateful.

P.S.

Sorry if I have offened anyone, when speaking of Christian mythology. That was not my intention.

If you'd said "Sorry if I have offended anyone, when speaking of Christian beliefs as mythology--I might not have been offended." :devilish: What I mean is that for some it might be the same as referring to WWII mythology.

Seems like his burial place would be closer to where the Garden of Eden was--if you can decide where that would really be.

The Devil's Tomb - Wikipedia
See the Middle East is closer.

Last edited:
Just on the timeline you have....I note that "Between 1891 and 1892 Alessandro Barsanti 'discovered' and cleared the king's tomb (of the Pharaoh, Akhenaten, I believe, in the site of Armarna - Egypt)" - from Wikipedia on Amarna.

Akhenaten of course had a massive impact on Egyptian society with his worship of Atem and how the rest of his country should worship gods. Here's the wikipedia page: Akhenaten - Wikipedia

It has been interpreted, in some circles, that he tried to force a form of monotheism. But he was reviled (by all the priests and other people that wanted the old gods to remain, I assume!).

For your fiction, perhaps he had power of some other sort (an artefact?!?) that enabled him (while he was still alive) to actively change their religious beliefs????

After reconsidering my forum, I need to bring update my forum question to render it more acceptable. Ideas would be greatly considered. I am basically looking for a MacGuffin for my hero. The main bad guy in my story has kidnapped a professor of religion. And I'm trying to find out why? The storyline is still set in 1893 Alexandria, Egypt. I was thinking of having him discover a tomb that belonged to a fictitious Egyptian king who lived during the time of King Saul, but I am ...not convinced that would play out right. That was where I thought of using the fall of Lucifer. Finding his tomb. However, as someone of you has suggested he is after all immortal. So that wouldn't make much sense having a tomb. And I'm also looking for a good title for my Egyptian story. I was also thinking of having my fictitious king take tried to overthrow King Saul and that he that it was rumored that he had in his possession Lucifer's spear or "pitchfork". After he had fallen from Heaven. Then I also thought of considering Osiris as the lost tomb. I dunno any help would be grateful.

How about: the professor of religion has discovered a scroll, (like the dead sea scrolls) and upon deciphering it, it shows the place of a tomb, reputed to be the richest (or possess the spear inside ) and the bad guy wants it? Who's the good guy in all this? I always liked the guys in the Indiana Jones film who were the protectors of the holy grail, their descendants had been doing so for a thousand years or so...

How about: the professor of religion has discovered a scroll, (like the dead sea scrolls) and upon deciphering it, it shows the place of a tomb, reputed to be the richest (or possess the spear inside ) and the bad guy wants it? Who's the good guy in all this? I always liked the guys in the Indiana Jones film who were the protectors of the holy grail, their descendants had been doing so for a thousand years or so...
Thanks man that sounds kinda cool. Didn't think about the Dead Sea Scrolls. The good guy's name is Sam Bodean, a Texas gunfighter. It's a pulp action adventure-type story. I'm doing a series of books on this character. The first book is already out on Amazon.

Egyptian tombs were a big interest in Europe through the late 19th century - an undiscovered tomb full of riches (cf Tutankhamun) or a mythical Egyptian artifact would all be reasonable.

e is after all immortal. So that wouldn't make much sense having a tomb

If he’d come to earth, lived a life then descended to Hell in the opposite of Jesus’ resurrection/ascension then there could be a tomb.

How about he's found a map that pinpoints all of the tombs in the Valley of the Kings, perhaps including one that lies hidden insde the Sphinx?

Or perhaps he has found a key or artefact that opens a secret entrance to the Sphinx?

Could call the book Sam Bodean and the Riddle of the Sphinx?

Or how about this. Alexander the Great spent time in the Kings Chamber in the Great Pyramid. Whilst there he discovered a talisman that made him unbeatable in battle. After his death it was taken back and hidden there, and that is why Julius Caesar, Napoleon etc went there to try to find it. Or perhaps Alexander's body was secretly taken and buried in a hidden chamber in the pyramid. Whatever, the professor knows the location of the hidden tomb/body/artefact.

Also, just a heads up, that technically there was no such thing as 'Australia' in 1893, since the nation only legally came into existence at Federation in 1901, and prior to that was just a collection of different colonies under the subject of the British crown :)