Star Trek - Discovery - 1.15: Will You Take My Hand

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
The first season is almost over. I don't know about you, but I personally wish we had more episodes in one season. Some photos were made public on the net this week. They were quite clever not to give us any significant clue in advance.

Enjoy the preview and don't forget to stop by and share your comments next Sunday.:)

And a short sneak peek. Wait until the end of the video to see a few extra minutes.

Warning: Those who are not interested in spoilers, should stay away.

Well I've complained in the past in entirely the opposite direction, but I can't help saying that this final episode was just MEH!

And the last 20 seconds was the mehest of the lot.

I felt betrayed. Where is our expected cliffhanger ? It's like they have no real plans for a second season. And why let us see Tyler die in preview pubs, just to watch him leaving with L'Rell ? Did they change strategy at the last minute ?

Last edited:
I don't know about you, but I personally wish we had more episodes in one season.

Looking back there were a couple of fillers, but as one season it was a perfect length. They set to tell a story and they did it brilliantly. So, to be honest, no they didn't need more episodes to make this storyline any more complete. The story will continue, but for now, the Klingon War is wrapped. But, we all know Klingon's are notorious and they will bring this up time and again.

In the storyline the Klingon Empire hasn't joined the StarFleet.

I felt betrayed. Where is our expected cliffhanger ?

Meeting with The Enterprise isn't enough? LOL

I personally feel they made brilliantly this first season, much against our expectations and anticipations that were governing most of the discussion before the season aired. We know that they had deep trouble when Brian Fullar left the production. But if I compare him to Mr Musk, then he is pretty much the same as he's using his influence to make things happening. I haven't always been a favour of all his things, so for that, I think CBS made right more by partnering with Netflix and being bold against an army of Trekkies.

Well done. Very well done, in fact. So I raise my hat and give you a standing ovation. ST Discovery is a right move forward as it introduce much larger universe than focusing solely on the Enterprise. I would love to write an episode or two for this series, but as much as I'd like to do this I think they're doing a brilliant job already. We didn't get all that we wanted, but we got more than what there has been for a long time.

Star Trek is still an utopia. But now it's tainted universe. StarFleet isn't a perfect example as it admits things will get wrong and there will be time when you have to do questionable things, like using an ultimate against a galactic Empire. Klingons own so much space in the ST universe that they could be classified as a dominant race in the Alpha Quadrant. It would have been a shame if the Emperor could have carried out her business but as far as what she did, it was a legitimate move. One, which on itself worked out at the end, when L'Rell used it to achieve power in the Klingon Empire.

I would be surprised if in the future contact Klingons wouldn't use that fact to bring up some grudges against the USS Discovery's crew. What I'm more pleased is that Orion's Criminal Network is alive and we are most likely going to see more about that Underworld if the Emperor remains in the plot.

For now all we know is that Captain Pike made a priority one call (an emergency or an urgent need) and on board of the Discovery is standing the Vulcan ambassador. Are we going to see Spock in the next season?

I personally feel they made brilliantly this first season, much against our expectations and anticipations that were governing most of the discussion before the season aired. We know that they had deep trouble when Brian Fullar left the production. But if I compare him to Mr Musk, then he is pretty much the same as he's using his influence to make things happening. I haven't always been a favour of all his things, so for that, I think CBS made right more by partnering with Netflix and being bold against an army of Trekkies.

Well done. Very well done, in fact. So I raise my hat and give you a standing ovation. ST Discovery is a right move forward as it introduce much larger universe than focusing solely on the Enterprise. I would love to write an episode or two for this series, but as much as I'd like to do this I think they're doing a brilliant job already. We didn't get all that we wanted, but we got more than what there has been for a long time.

Star Trek is still an utopia. But now it's tainted universe. StarFleet isn't a perfect example as it admits things will get wrong and there will be time when you have to do questionable things, like using an ultimate against a galactic Empire. Klingons own so much space in the ST universe that they could be classified as a dominant race in the Alpha Quadrant. It would have been a shame if the Emperor could have carried out her business but as far as what she did, it was a legitimate move. One, which on itself worked out at the end, when L'Rell used it to achieve power in the Klingon Empire.

I would be surprised if in the future contact Klingons wouldn't use that fact to bring up some grudges against the USS Discovery's crew. What I'm more pleased is that Orion's Criminal Network is alive and we are most likely going to see more about that Underworld if the Emperor remains in the plot.

For now all we know is that Captain Pike made a priority one call (an emergency or an urgent need) and on board of the Discovery is standing the Vulcan ambassador. Are we going to see Spock in the next season?

Not for me. I kinda expected that meeting. :LOL:

The Enterprise!!!!!! When Voq killed Hugh I gasped. When the NCC numbers started to appear on the screen that made me gasp to! Not many shows make me gasp. I did not expect it, but I have mixed feelings about it. I am a little worried that Enterprise will overshadow Discovery in Season 2, depending on how long it's in the show.

People are rumoring that Pike will be Discovery's new Captain. I do not think so, because even though we do not know what happened with much of Pike's career, what would happen to the Captain that they are going to get on Vulcan? Maybe it's MU Lorca?

As to the episode itself, It wasn't nearly as good as some of the others, more of an ending/series finale type episode. I expected twists and turns that never happened. I expected them to have to reset the timeline and to go back in time. In the criminal underworld, I expected them to encounter Mudd, and to bargain with him. I did not expect Brunham to have so much power or why she was the one giving the final speech. I did not expect them to end the war so quickly. Does it match with the Canon? Kirk hates Klingons and I expect most federation does, but that's ten years from now, the war may be over but peace takes centuries.

The series as a whole is my favorite star trek to date. It won me over early on and the multi-verse/spore/MU Lorca story-line was really cool, I think there was a lot more they could have and perhaps will do with that. I don't buy Stamets' idealistic conclusion for the spore drive, that they are never going to find a non-living host to make it work.

The ending leaves us with questions of course:
1. Who exactly is on Enterprise and what is their problem?
2. Who will be Discovery's new captain?
2. What happens to the Emperor?
4. Will Tyler survive on Qo'noS? There is no record of a Human living among the Klingons. So they will have to address this.
5. What about the spore on Tilly's shoulder?
and just for fun:
6. Will Stamets find love again?

That wasn't the ending I was expecting. The pseudo-cliffhanger was lukewarm and I had a number of problems with that final episode, and the link given above didn't really address them:

1. I don't have a problem with them meeting the USS Enterprise; I also thought it would happen sooner or later, however, finishing off the war with the Klingons so quickly didn't seem very probable. I don't think the Klingons would believe L'Rell so readily about her holding a total annihilation device, and in any case you would never get 100% support from every faction. Even if they did, and she did, and the Klingon Houses were united, we know they aren't still united in another 100 years. It's all a little too convenient.
2. They are really happy to allow a free unreformed Emperor Georgiou to go off carousing around the galaxy causing any kind of mayhem she likes?
3. We still don't know why the Spore Drive is never used again in the future.
4. We still don't know why the Discovery has no place in the history books of the future.
5. Dr. Culber is still dead.

And I also think these are good questions too:
4. Will Tyler survive on Qo'noS? There is no record of a Human living among the Klingons. So they will have to address this.
and just for fun:

The Captain won't be Christopher Pike (not unless the accident he has with the Delta radiation occurs aboard Discovery) but in any case, their new Captain is being picked up on Vulcan.

1. I don't have a problem with them meeting the USS Enterprise; I also thought it would happen sooner or later, however, finishing off the war with the Klingons so quickly didn't seem very probable. I don't think the Klingons would believe L'Rell so readily about her holding a total annihilation device, and in any case you would never get 100% support from every faction. Even if they did, and she did, and the Klingon Houses were united, we know they aren't still united in another 100 years. It's all a little too convenient.

One thing is for sure. L'Rell is no T'Kuvma. The question is, will she be a Picard Klingon or a Lorca Klingon? I thought Worf was cool because he's like the first diplomatic Klingon. Discovery really needs to flesh this out better and like why she's never talked about in the rest of the series, unless they don't really care. I'm guessing Tyler is way more influencing than he let's on in his relationship with her. None of this was explained in the final episode which is why it seemed rushed.

They are really happy to allow a free unreformed Emperor Georgiou to go off carousing around the galaxy causing any kind of mayhem she likes?

Classical Star Trek. This is not the first time and I assume not the last time they lose dangerous individuals in the galaxy instead of putting them under lock and key. The biggest problem Emperor has is that she's new and things she might have taken granted in the Mirror Universe aren't so in the Prime Universe. Still her ruthlessness will find home in the Orion Syndicate.

4. We still don't know why the Discovery has no place in the history books of the future.

Both are most probably classified missions trying to discourage people from finding about the counter-part or the spore-drive. USS Discovery is as much a black ship as is the model for the Zumwalt destroyer. But we know more about former then about the real world example.

One thing is for sure. L'Rell is no T'Kuvma. The question is, will she be a Picard Klingon or a Lorca Klingon? I thought Worf was cool because he's like the first diplomatic Klingon. Discovery really needs to flesh this out better and like why she's never talked about in the rest of the series, unless they don't really care. I'm guessing Tyler is way more influencing than he let's on in his relationship with her. None of this was explained in the final episode which is why it seemed rushed.

L'Rell is smarter than T'Kuvma. She can be a better leader now that she has the chance to keep the other klingons, at least for the moment, under control.

No, Tyer really loves Michael. I think he realised he was more klingon inside and he loved the contact with the others. Remember in MU he was the leader of the resistance ? He can be killed in the 2nd season. That may explain why I saw him dying, just like Lorca, in a few pubs last week.

That wasn't the ending I was expecting. The pseudo-cliffhanger was lukewarm and I had a number of problems with that final episode, and the link given above didn't really address them:

2. They are really happy to allow a free unreformed Emperor Georgiou to go off carousing around the galaxy causing any kind of mayhem she likes?
5. Dr. Culber is still dead.

And I also think these are good questions too:

The Captain won't be Christopher Pike (not unless the accident he has with the Delta radiation occurs aboard Discovery) but in any case, their new Captain is being picked up on Vulcan.

But Pikes accident happened years after Kirk tool command of the Enterprise .:unsure:

But Pikes accident happened years after Kirk tool command of the Enterprise .:unsure:

Before. Kirk got his command from him, if I have understood the ST history well enough. I don't even think he's thinking about the StarFleet at the moment. We don't know what Cpt Pike did to get helm the Enterprise. Maybe we'll learn more in the next season.

Before. Kirk got his command from him, if I have understood the ST history well enough. I don't even think he's thinking about the StarFleet at the moment. We don't know what Cpt Pike did to get helm the Enterprise. Maybe we'll learn more in the next season.

The two part episodes the Menagerie, according to the timeline that Pike commanded the Enterprise year before . In that episode Kirk mentioed that the first time that he met Pike was when succeeded him as Captain of the Enterprise .

The Enterprise!!!!!! When Voq killed Hugh I gasped. When the NCC numbers started to appear on the screen that made me gasp to! Not many shows make me gasp. I did not expect it, but I have mixed feelings about it. I am a little worried that Enterprise will overshadow Discovery in Season 2, depending on how long it's in the show.

People are rumoring that Pike will be Discovery's new Captain. I do not think so, because even though we do not know what happened with much of Pike's career, what would happen to the Captain that they are going to get on Vulcan? Maybe it's MU Lorca?

As to the episode itself, It wasn't nearly as good as some of the others, more of an ending/series finale type episode. I expected twists and turns that never happened. I expected them to have to reset the timeline and to go back in time. In the criminal underworld, I expected them to encounter Mudd, and to bargain with him. I did not expect Brunham to have so much power or why she was the one giving the final speech. I did not expect them to end the war so quickly. Does it match with the Canon? Kirk hates Klingons and I expect most federation does, but that's ten years from now, the war may be over but peace takes centuries.

The series as a whole is my favorite star trek to date. It won me over early on and the multi-verse/spore/MU Lorca story-line was really cool, I think there was a lot more they could have and perhaps will do with that. I don't buy Stamets' idealistic conclusion for the spore drive, that they are never going to find a non-living host to make it work.

and just for fun:

You can find some of those answers in here:

'Star Trek: Discovery' producer on that finale twist, season 2 plans

The only question I'm left with is why was everyone all of a sudden saying "issic for your thoughts"
And Burnham keep asking what is an issic?
Was that supposed to mean something that I missed?

Back