GOT duo to head their own Star Wars spin off

Im actually happy about this big expansion of the Star Wars universe. There is so very much possibility, especially branching away from the main storyline. It is a huge universe, full of possibility, and I'd really like to see all sorts of stories coming out, for all sorts of people, from childrens stuff to mature audiences.

Me too. It seems the prequels, Sequels, CW and Rebels lines have divided the community that this mass expansion will have something fir everyone.

I remain, however, delighted with all SW films and animated series. Yes, even Jar Jar. ;)

pH

At this rate I will be announced as heading a Star Wars series of films soon :)

... only to be sacked halfway through, because Kathleen Kennedy doesn't think the style suits Disney. Odds on this happening? :)

I get the impression from the article that’s the point. After the success of R1 and TLJ I think it’s conscious. But yeah, the thought crossed my mind.

Isn’t it time we had a female director/production team, though?

pH

Exciting news. I’ve not seen GoT, but I heard how great it is.

Move away from the Jedi, Solo’s and Skywalker’s though.

I would have been a lot more excited about this a few years ago. The past season or two of GoT have been a bit of a mess. But I hope this will be great.

I suspect that D&W couldn't wait the way Disney wanted to (Disney had put a temporary pause on the movies depending on how Ep9 does) whereas Rian Johnson had no such strictures which is why he'll be handling it - which I'm rather pleased with as I loved what he did with TLJ.

pH