The Last City - available now

Nick B

author Nick Bailey, formerly Quellist.
The Last City is now available for pre-order on Kindle at 99p/99c or equivalent. Release date is the 15th February, it will stay at that price for a week, then increase to its full price. Paperbacks will be available, but are not available for pre-order.

Pre-order it from Amazon here - The Last City

Enjoy!
OLD_IMG-20171009-WA0000.jpg

Twelve outstanding authors come together to bring life to The Last City, a shared-universe anthology from Dust Publishing.

The City, built upon an asteroid, is the last stronghold of humanity in a star system ravaged by a long-ago war. Now, centuries after the apocalyptic conflict, the City thrives — a utopia for the rich, built on the labours of the poor.

From the home of five million souls come twelve stories of adventure, love and loss. Take a leap with Tinashe Arcaid, super-rich brat who thinks adventure is a trip to the dangerous lower levels; crawl through tunnels with Chthenia, a child ‘apprenticed’ to a scavenger who dwells deep beneath the City; or have a drink with Sam Nero, private investigator, dealing with gangsters on the mean streets.

Life in the City can be harsh, but the alternatives are far worse.

Contributing authors — Robert M Campbell — Jo Zebedee — Scott Moon — Juliana Spink Mills — Nathan Hystad — Jane Jago — E.M. Swift-Hook — Rosie Oliver — Chris Guillory — Samanda R. Primeau — Thaddeus White — Stewart Hotston

Jamie was really pissed when the Star Trek Discovery picture that's almost exactly the same came out... You should have heard him cursing... Same pose, reflection in the helm etc... Jamie did this long before the discovery picture came out.

Ooooh, short stories - pre-ordered! Have you thought about formatting as an epub, for Kobo etc.? I don't actually have a Kindle.

I'm afraid experience has shown that going wide actually loses money. A lot of people will read on kindle unlimited as opposed to the very low sales you get on other formats, sorry.
The kindle app is free, however, so anyone with a smartphone, tablet etc can use it. Everything we ever produce will be from free however, so converting it will always be possible.

From = DRM. Spellchecker didn't like DRM.
So, all our books will be DRM free.

I never have a prob with Calibre. Format to AZw3 (from correctly formatted Word doc) to put TOC at front, then mobi and epub.

If you get stuck, fire over Word doc and I will convert for you. :)

It's charting in the UK amazon store, be nice if it stays there for its release.

2 gay romances in there,so it's right.

Now you're scaring people. :p

I meant the "Fantasy" at the end, mostly. Not that I can claim it wasn't...

I have international followers on twitter who read my stuff, so they bought tlc too.