Discussion Thread - February 2018 100 Word Anonymous Challenge

Number 7 is up and ready.

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow: Malevolence awaits where you least expect it.

8 and counting!

Untitled: Sometimes, malevolence is a function of both nature and nurture.

Now number 9 joins the fray.

“Mopping up”: Sometimes, fear can bring out the malevolence in people.

And we break into the double digits. 10 stories!

Lightbringer: the traditional exemplar of malevolence seems to understand, if not enjoy, his work.

11 stories!

MALEVOLENCE Cologne by Jekyll Laboratories: Malevolence, bottled. We all knew Pharmaceutical companies would try this at some point...

Two more great stories!

One Kill Too Many: Even killers have standards.

Blessings:
Sometimes, the best packages contain the worst curses.

I would like to wrap up the entries today, if possible. If anyone has a story they are eager to enter, but don't have the time to finish it today, let me know and maybe we can extend it another day.

The quality of stories in this challenge has been exceptional! Anyone want to take guesses at who submitted what?

Another story!

Some Things Never Change: When people are "them", malevolence is not absent.

Excellent job, everyone, with your entries. I am going to close out the contest in the morning (I am on Eastern time, which is 5 hours behind UTC), so if anyone has a last minute entry, you still have a few hours to go.

Again, great job to all who entered, and we will see what he voting brings!

The challenge is now officially closed. Thank you again to everyone who participated, and a huge thank you to @Victoria Silverwolf who volunteered to review all the stories!

The poll is now open. It will close on February 28th, and normal voting rules apply. PLEASE vote for a story other than your own; though there is no way of enforcing this, it is bad manners to do otherwise. Also, any member, not just those who entered, is welcome to vote.

Again, great month everyone, and I look forward to next month's challenge!

Without a Red Herring name, after each person guesses, we'll know which story was theirs! :(

Without a Red Herring name, after each person guesses, we'll know which story was theirs! :(
True, but a "Red Herring" name may become a stand in for the author and defeat its own purpose.

I think what people have done before is either intentionally guessed the wrong story for their own, or doubled someone else's name. If you do an intentional wrong guess, I would probably say that in your post, or someone may think it is your real story. Then again, misleading may be your intention...

Voted for Bad Seed.

I am going to come back and see if I can spot any likely perpetrators when I am feeling fresher and somewhat less stressed :cautious:

Back