February 2018 100 Word Anonymous Challenge

Joshua Jones

When all is said and done, all's quiet and boring.
**PLEASE DO NOT POST STORIES DIRECTLY TO THIS THREAD**

Theme: Malevolence

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, or Horror

Please PM (Private Message) all entries to me and I'll post the entries into this thread. Entries can be sent from now until the end of February (exact time depends on my schedule.)

Once the challenge thread closes, a voting poll will be created where you can vote for your ONE favorite entry.

There will also be a guessing portion where you can try to match the Anonymous stories with their creators!

To PM me, click my profile and select 'Start a Conversation'. Good luck.

The sufferers

My tormentors are pure evil. What can their motives be? They take no pleasure from the pain they inflict. I see tears fall from their amber eyes. Their ebony wings droop with sorrow when they torture me.

They ask no questions. They make no demands. They bring agony without purpose. My moans do not nourish them. The sight of my blood does not please them. Neither are they relieved when they cease to slice into my flesh with their silver talons. Only regret fills their glowing faces, as if they have no choice but to be wicked. I pity them.

The Tea Boy

Careful, not too much. It wouldn’t do to make them suspect.

He stirs supervisor Shelly’s green tea. The ethylene glycol changes the colour slightly, but as long as it’s always the same she won’t notice.

Recently promoted Jeremy drinks black coffee. It’s tempting to add more but it wouldn’t do to have symptoms show too soon.

Pretty Jenny, who never returns his smiles; not so easy because she has weak tea. He may have to arrange an “accident” instead.

Soon he will move on.

New job.

New face.

It is just regretful he will not see their suffering first hand.

Served Hot

They say you should never anger a witch.

But when the charm I bought to snare the butcher's boy gave me nothing but stomach cramps, I marched straight to the chaplain's door.

"Martha's a witch!” I shouted. “She cursed me!"

That was all it took. A day later she was lashed to a pyre and set alight.

Only when the flames began to take did I realise something was wrong. My feet throbbed, and the sickening stench of my burning flesh overwhelmed me.

Our eyes met as the fire claimed us. Whose vengeance tasted sweeter, I wondered, as we fell.

Bad Seed

Sandra stares at the floor, pulling her hair with both hands.

"As soon as I can walk, I'm going to murder you."

"Shut up!"

Karl burst through the door. "What's wrong?"

"The baby." She snorts, wipes her tears. "It's evil."

"Goo goo da da."

"Don't talk stupid, " says Karl. "I'll get him to sleep. Go and watch telly."

Sandra hesitates.

"Now. Please?"

Sandra storms out, raking her nails across her arms.

"It's working. She's going insane. In her diary, she wrote that she wants to commit suicide."

"Are you proud of me, Da Da?"

He kisses his forehead. "So proud."

The encounter

This is my last message.
I'm commander Kersha, aboard the U.C. Resurrection....

We saw it, a name, a promise, the so called Malevolence.
It's majestic, the perfect shape blocking the star's light, staining the ship of a dark horrific mood, dark as its purpose here.
I feel the rumble of its antimatter cannon firing at us.
I feel the metal shredding around me, my ship desperately moaning for pity.
I hear the death's scythe taking my comrades.
I feel the cold blade on the neck mowing my life away....

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." Goodbye

The Games They Play

Looking down at the playing table he could tell he had lost.

“Perhaps we are equals now?” The victor asked with a grin on his face that said the opposite.

“Equals? You think one round makes you my equal? We have a long way to go until the end old friend”

“Yes old man, but look at you’re creations! Hatred divides them, corrupts them, look at what your children have done to each other! What good has compassion achieved now?” The victor gloated.

Looking down at the playing table he watched as the earth burned.

“I will defeat your evil”

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Snow fell in fat, gentle flakes. Young Andrew's imagination was stirred by a strange hump of snow highlighted by the full moon in his front yard.

In bulky coat, hat, and gloves, he went outside. The hump gradually grew, forming a person's shape. In minutes, a fully formed snowboy faced him.

Andrew expelled a wisp of steam. Steam drifted from the snowboy’s mouth. He gasped, stepped back. The snowboy took a step.

Then it smiled.

Andrew turned and ran, his pace impeded by the deep snow. Then he felt the ice cold breath on his neck.

“Mopping up”

A stone whizzed past Martha , the villagers jeering as she scurried away.

She'd walked to the well at dusk, the Watch duly raised the alarm.

She had cowered as they chased her away with stones, nobody wanted to touch a white person, the accursed race; that could lead to “catching the contam and turning Mutie”.

Once out of sight, Martha smirked triumphantly, it had worked! They'd been too outraged by her pale face to notice her emptying the vial, they'd die within a week.

She looked across the night and spied a distant glow. “You tomorrow” she hissed.

Lightbringer

I've never claimed to be a nice being. Against that, I have been been an irreplaceable goad to discipline children, and even serfs - the final threat. Believed in because I am real, feared because I'm genuinely dangerous, improving society despite my deepest desire to undermine it.

Call me serpent, call me Lucifer, injectingenlightenment through fruit, always attempting to bring down parvenu humanity, created as a goad and aware of it, forcing with war, pestilence, and disaster, always trying to bring them down, forever pressuring them on to greater heights despite myself.

Call me Lucifer.

MALEVOLENCE Cologne by Jekyll Laboratories

Tired, lethargic, or just plain lazy?
Get a boost from, Malevolence.
Splash it on, and be energized.
Pour it into your favorite beverage, and get revitalized.
Be your best, surpass the rest.
Show your boss, you're the boss.
People will fear you, your family will adore you.
Don't delay, get Malevolent today!

Must be 21 to purchase.
Contains high levels of taurine and caffeine.
Do not operate heavy machinery, or consume alcohol when using product.

Side Effects include: increased strength, changes in sleep pattern, violent mood swings, hallucinations, maniacal laughing spells, also, mutation of face and body will occur.

One Kill Too Many

“Nice kill.”

The young girl startles me. “Um… thanks.”

“Why’d ya take so long?”

I chuckle. “All the fun’s watching them die.”

Wide-eyed, “You did it for fun?”

“What other reason would I have?”

“Daddy always said, ‘Eat what you kill’.”

I laugh. “Too many rats about to turn cannibal.”

She wrinkles her nose. “Rats carry diseases!”

I take her little chin in my fingers. “Look, youngster. Go home to daddy.”

“Daddy’d call that pure mal’velance.”

I feel the blade sink into my gut. My day’s over.

Shaking her head, she begins maneuvering the body into her little wagon.

Blessings

Time had treated the witch harshly. The courtiers’ lips twisted and their eyes shifted away from her. Ignoring their distaste, she addressed the king. “Highness, I bring gifts for your daughter. I bring charm to match her beauty. Men—” She cackled. “Aye, and women too — will rush to do her bidding.”

She smiled, touching a rosy cheek as bright eyes opened. “I grant her a sharp wit. With both wit and charm she will gain her ends. My third gift is steely determination.”

The witch turned. “People of Ylondir, I give you your future queen.”

I give you a tyrant.

Some Things Never Change

“Hold my hand, Zarina,” Melissa said to her child.

“Mommy, where are we going?”

Her husband, Henry, fought through the crowd, “A” branded freshly on his forehead. Henry was an artificial human.

“They are loading people onto garbage ships,” Henry said, trembling.

“You, Artificial!” a soldier shouted, pointing at Henry. “Board!”

Melissa pulled Zarina close, but the soldier took the child and sent her with Henry. He held Zarina as the ship departed, unbeknownst to them, for disposal in the Sun.

“Strength! Purity! Honor!” the political poster read. Melissa was taken to a brothel. The “proper place for Artificial lovers.”