Discussion -- February 2018 75-word Challenge

Eighteen votes so far, and just a bit over one day to go. Everybody last-minuting it like me?

(Settling down to read them all again now.)

My Long List, Short List, and **** Favorite ****:

The Long Way Home - Victoria Silverwolf
I'll Tell Them Where They Can Hang It – Luiglin
For God's sake how were we to know? – dannymcq
This Doesn't Bode Well… - pyan
So Sayeth the Slug – CTRandall
Dysfunctional - Mr Orange
Mother Doesn't Always Know Best - Peter V
So It Goes – Hugh
Thunderstruck - paranoid marvin
Hobby Kit - Cory Swanson
Locusts? – mosaix
Orphaned Godling – chrispenycate
A Family Miracle – Parson
**** Live Forever - Bob Senior ****
Seeing the Light – TitaniumTi
Faster, Pussycat … - TheDustyZebra

Tweet Loud Enough the Gods Can Hear – Stable
Fear – monsterchic

Eighteen votes so far, and just a bit over one day to go. Everybody last-minuting it like me?

(Settling down to read them all again now.)

I'm annoyed. I can usually whittle it down to three, hence the awful rhyme... Top three for me... Top four for moi... just doesn't do it.

This has been an unusual month for me in that I have struggled to form a short list and I'm still unsure who I will vote for. Other months my problem has been who to leave off my short list. There are stories that show great promise but which in the end I do not understand, and there are stories that I just do not connect to.

I have shortlisted the following:
@TitaniumTi
@Bob Senior
@Cory Swanson
@ASleepyGiraffe
@paranoid marvin

I must also mention @Cat's Cradle for sheer ouroboric chutzpah.

*googles*

Hmm... I bet he means self-reflexive/consuming, rather than a snake devouring itself...

I'm struggling to track down a good quote on the internet. I've always been fond of the word, but I will probably find it hard right now to put what is in my head into words. I meant it in a Jungian sense of the snake devouring itself self-destructively while oblivious to all else.