Discussion -- February 2018 75-word Challenge

Sorry about that - I'm wiped out, lately. (But it's a joy to not have to worry about cutting down to 75 words, for once.) The other stories are very cool, so far - nice theme, SPoots! Good luck, all you entrants to come, CC

Thank you, @dannymcg. :)

(Though if there were an actual 7 word writing challenge, I suspect I'd still have problems culling my stories. "D@mn! I'm stuck on 9 words...how will I ever make 7??")

edit to add: I posted a bit quickly, I think...in hindsight, if I had it to do over again, I would have made the BOOM bigger! ;)

Last edited:
@Cat's Cradle ..... A Big Bang .... Angry God story. (I understood it was a four word story so I had to keep the synopsis shorter than the story!)

@pyan .... This doesn't Bode well....
Whenever you hand out the dinner plates someone always messes up.

@DragonAether .... Mankind's fall .... "Pride goeth before a fall" so states the Good Book and the maxim is true.

@CTRandall .... So sayeth the slug .... A story of shortsighted ungratefulness.

i'm in. had to get in relatively quickly as I thought it'd be an idea that would be on others' minds too. on scanning through the other stories after posting I see @Cathbad had a similar idea. I think they are different enough to stand apart though.

still, great minds and all that (and as @Cathbad voted for me in both the last 75 and 300 worders, I know he's got a great mind! :whistle:)

I'm in too and after nearly a couple month of full silence I should be able to be more present on the server, school struck pretty hard meanwhile...

@Mr Orange .... Dysfunctional .... Tells a proverb of humanity's rebellion against the gods they refuse to know.

@Pedro Del Mar ... The Most Powerful Being .... Ah, haven't we all been "The Greatest!" a god/dess in our own right?

@Calliopenjo .... Murphy's Law?....
A tale which reminds us that some laws apply to everyone.

@D.A. Xiaolin Spires .... Radiant Nudge .... In the game of life humanity is the playing piece.

@Peter V .... Mother Doesn't Always Know Best .... A cautionary tale of human proclivities and the goddess' weakness in her love.

I'm sorry if I don't review your challenge I'm only pointing out my short list for the moment.

@Ashleyne : Even zombies need to have a religion right.

@DragonAether : The cycle continues the creators get replaced by the created.

@Calliopenjo : The diety academy is a great idea.

I like a lot more, but so far these get my votes.

dannymcg -- Even gods need endings.

Cat's Cradle -- Even gods need tantrums.

pyan -- Even gods need caution.

DragonAether -- Even gods need history lessons.

CTRandall -- Even gods need enemies.

Mr Orange -- Even gods need families.

Pedro Del Mar -- Even gods need toys.

Calliopenjo -- Even gods need mistakes.

D. A. Xiaolin Spires -- Even gods need recreation.

Peter V -- Even gods need alternate plans.

Joe Loomis -- Even gods need faith.

dannymcg -- Even gods need endings.

Cat's Cradle -- Even gods need tantrums.

pyan -- Even gods need caution.

DragonAether -- Even gods need history lessons.

CTRandall -- Even gods need enemies.

Mr Orange -- Even gods need families.

Pedro Del Mar -- Even gods need toys.

Calliopenjo -- Even gods need mistakes.

D. A. Xiaolin Spires -- Even gods need recreation.

Peter V -- Even gods need alternate plans.

Joe Loomis -- Even gods need faith.

Nice pithy extrapolations, Victoria! Thanks! Perhaps those 'lyrics' would make a nice song.

Thank you to Parson and Victoria for your reviews. Interesting to see two different takes on my story that I hadn't considered myself

@EPT Henry .... Not Everyone Gets To Be Apollo .... a tale of the frustrations even the gods/goddesses feel at fickle luck.

(I assume you did not mean and did not know of the common urban translation of puta.)

Urban Dictionary: puta