Robinson Crusoe on Mars WOW!

Paul Meccano

Meccano Magic
Robinson Crusoe on Mars is on TV ( UK) as I write this.

WOW!!!
this is terrible, but a must see ( hmmm questionable) to appreciate some of the story telling in this era. Circa 1962

The film was direct by Byron Haskins who did the 1953 adaptation of War of the World. one the writers was I B Melchoir who has made huge contribution since fiction television and film.

And notice the aline ship were reused Martian Space ship from War of the World , minus the weapon Stalks.

Well spotted B
I say, having watched a bit of it, that Haskins probably didn't help much.

Ib Melchoir came up with the Space family Robinson concept, Was involved with the films The Angry Red Planet, The Time Travelers and his story Death Race become the basis for the 1975 Rodger Corman film and the subsequent remakes.

Byron Haskins was one the producer of the second Trek Pilot Where no man has Gone Before :)

Huh, you shoulda seen it around 1965, mind-boggly it was. Remember, SF targeted adolescents, back when there were still adults around. Today it targets a much dimmer, larger demographic mass, but then, well this movie was the absolute bomb if you were about 15.

very well said J Riff

I would have been one of those kids.
Have they shown it now to illicit the same reaction. I hope not. I presume it's sentimental.

I wish the still made films like this . :)