Game of Thrones: 1.01 - Winter is Coming

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
I decided to feed my GoT addiction by rewatching the entire series from start to finish.
Watching the first installment tonight gave me a freaky sense of omniscience -- knowing who everyone is what lies in store for each. I enjoyed seeing all of the beginning main characters looking so young (and so alive).
I think that this is going to be fun. I should be done by the time HBO gets around to delivering the final episodes.

I was talking with a friend about how good this series is last night and he made a really good point. He thought the writing and the casting were huge reasons on why the show was so good but his number one point was how lucky we are that they were able to keep all the main characters under contract on a show that began in 2011.

I think that being a part of such a historically popular series has been a factor in cast stability. Those who are gone, I'm guessing, were more often killed off by plot changes than by professional acting ambitions.

Series like this usually oblige the characters (the ones that aren't killed off early on) to sigb quite long contracts. When a series keeps going beyond that date, the cast can renogotiate good increases in their new contracts.

Note that, because the show has not been tied closely to the books for some time, only a select few of the actors can rely on this; others may, instead, find their characters killed off between seasons if they ask for too much and won't back down.

I'm only up to the end of series five but recently went through all my DVDs, as you're doing.

There's a fun game to play during the credit sequence, prophesying the doom as the thespian names appear: "Dead, dead, living, maimed, dead, dickless, dead."

I'm only up to the end of series five but recently went through all my DVDs, as you're doing.

There's a fun game to play during the credit sequence, prophesying the doom as the thespian names appear: "Dead, dead, living, maimed, dead, dickless, dead."
Undead :D

1.09 Baelor: The shocking conclusion of this episode made me realize that Game of Thrones is a series like few others.
As I continue rewatching these episodes, I am amazed at how many details seem new. This illusion of freshness may be due to being initially overwhelmed by the complexity of the narrative and deep field of characters, or it might be just my murky memory. Could be both. I am also amazed by how many pieces of the plot are being introduced so far in advance of their significance.
I wonder if I'll have the same experience if I re-rewatch the series 10 years from now? :D

I dunno.... Maybe I'll spot some little details that I hadn't seen before (mistakes with the props and the like) but it always feels like I know what they're going to say and ended up saying it. :p