DISCUSSION -- January 2018 300 Word Writing Challenge (#28)

I planned out the entire story this morning as I was walking to work, having had the idea randomly pop in, and then realised I couldn't recall for certain if the plant photo won. Was very relieved to see it had!

I have a 300 at last... going to forget about it now and see if I can come up with something less typical of me. Really struggling with the 75 still though :(

HoopyFrood -- In this mysterious and moody tale of survival against a barely seen foe, we see the power of courage and self-sacrifice. Balancing this, however, is the certain knowledge that one must know when to avoid unnecessary risks.

chrispenycate -- Plausible scientific and cultural speculation make this story of a subtle but important discovery seem very real. By concentrating on the thoughts of the discoverer, the author creates an intriguing character study.

Luiglin -- Sweeping the reader's vision from a vast landscape to a tiny detail within it, this poetically written but unsentimental war story stirs the emotions. By focusing the attention on a single individual, we learn the true cost of violence.

To Dance, @Luiglin - A poetic look at a ferocious battle. A soldier, finding a moment of beauty. The author's dance of words was, itself, beautifully done.

Two days ago, I came up with five ideas, and chose one. Then wrote it, this afternoon.

An interesting picture of a strange looking plant, seemingly in the middle of no where @TitaniumTi . It gave me five different stories.

Well done sir.