DISCUSSION -- January 2018 300 Word Writing Challenge (#28)

Sorry I haven't checked in until now. Real life is sorta kinda interfering. I'd like to say I've been preoccupied, which isn't a total lie, but for some weird reason I've just been forgetting to check in. So here I am.

I should have my 300-word story up soon. It shouldn't take too much longer now that I have something. I just have to make it work.

I got my entry in.
Rush job this month, I had a title and a very vague idea. It all came together in half an hour this morning - so prob a bit unpolished but tra la la :)

Warren Kramer -- In this moody tale of the dream of freedom, we share the protagonist's fears and hopes. The fact that she is not fully aware of the challenges she faces increases the reader's empathy.

johnnyjet -- By contrasting the everyday with the extraordinary, and the technological with the mystical, the author creates a unique vision. A being unlike anything we have ever known comes to seem familiar to us.

SPoots -- This mythical tale makes us of sensory details to draw the reader into its magical world. An intimate story of love and loss is found within its legendary setting.

mosaix -- The matter-of-fact tone of the narrator of this quietly eerie story makes it seem very real. The theme is specific to a time and place, and yet universal.

farntfar -- With great emotional power this account of cruelty disguised as kindness touches the reader's heart. Because what has happened to the narrator cannot be undone, nor can we truly wish it to be undone, it becomes an overwhelming tragedy.

dannymcg -- By drawing the reader into a vivid and exciting war story, the author makes this vision of a dark future compelling. This strengthens the darkly ironic bite of its conclusion.

Paul Meccano -- This mysterious tale, full of strange images and half-understood happenings, is sure to fire the reader's imagination. By carefully contemplating what we see, hear, and feel, we come to experience another existence.

Just a quick reminder that there is little over 24 hours until the writing part of the Perp Challenge

It is a little bit different, a little bit harder ;) A lot of fun.

And there are two winners (and indeed two prizes)

It took a lot of copy n paste, but I have one in. My return key doesn't work and I found no way of paragraphing. So all those double stars (**) are were paragraph breaks belong. Thanks for understanding.

EPT Henry -- By telling this comic tale of a strange encounter from the point of view of the Other, the humor is heightened. We come to sympathize with the plight of the visitors, sweetening the joke.

Cathbad -- The stark narrative tone of this story of the ultimate conflict well suits its theme. Its final image tellingly portrays undying defiance against tyranny.

Taster Menu, @EPT Henry - You'd think an alien companion would be helpful. Too bad he's as lost as you!

Ha! sometimes being lost is ok if you like the person you are lost with!

Although I'm not sure Balf and Boset will get on after their planet roulette misstep!