The Perp Challenge Discussion Thread.

Perpetual Man

Tim James
Supporter
This is the place to discuss the writing challenge that has been raised by Perpetual Man.

Feel free to discuss , moan, curse or enlighten.

The challenge itself can be found HERE

First draft done and it makes sense. Now let me see if I can shorten it any further.

Barmy but fun challenge :)

Okay. This is my 6000th post. I'm going to forgo the traditional piece for crit and offer up this challenge instead.

The idea for it came from the twenty spellings stuck to the fridge that Perp Jr. Has been given to learn over Christmas. There are more than normal (It's ten as a rule) but these are easier! The spellings he had a week ago nearly gave me palpitations!

I have tried to give the longest time for the challenge to run, to give all entrants a bit of time to play, allowing for the holidays and without being too much in the way of the other challenges - if it was any shorter people might concentrate on it when the 300 and 75 are running.

I chose the 15th as the finishing date as it was halfway through the month and it would have been my grandmother's 102nd birthday.

As she passed away last Saturday it seems kind of fitting :)

208 words. Bosh. Done. It makes sense. I mean, it's rubbish, but it makes sense.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Perp. :(

I'm tempted to post the first entry. It's niggling away at me. Sending my CTRL and C, CTRL and V fingers into twitching wrecks of digits.

I can hold off, I will hold off.

Ok, can someone take this keyboard away from me now?

But someone may see my word count and beat it. Grrr... it's a chicken and egg thing :)

@Perpetual Man - Interesting challenge, my friend. 250 words, including a chosen 20, that have to be in the order given. I'm going to give this some thought. The gorgon of January is lurking close in the woods though.

For entries already, and four beliefs. Way to go guys!

Sorry Teresa should have said titles aren't included in the word count.