Kraxon Magazine -- Favourite Story of 2017 -- Discussion Thread

Glitch

Supporter
There's a new thread where you can vote for favourite story of the year 2017 in Kraxon Magazine. This thread is for any discussions you want to have about the stories.

The thread for polling is here.

Please vote -- you have three votes -- as the winning story will garner its author a cash prize of £100! (And note: you must cast all your votes at the same time.)

Unveiled -- Helen French was a touching story with a twist I thought was well set up, but I didn't see coming. The title was a bigger clue than I realised.

Pain-T-Bot -- Joachim Heijndermans was good fun, starting with the title and right to the end. I felt for poor Pain-T-Bot.

Past Imperfect -- Martin M. Clark. I can't say I liked the main character, but the voice was compelling and I had no idea what was going to happen next.

They were my favourites and my three votes. I would say "bring on 2018", but I want 2017 to last for a bit longer than what's left of it...

I'll need to re-read (most of) these to remind myself of them. But I shall vote.

Just voted. Incidentally, good job with the pictures for each story :)

Pain T Bot was great fun, but well, 3 others just had the goods. Quality overall, very good. (@Glitch likewise re photos, fab)

Voted, there were five I really liked so had to re read and dither and come back again.

It feels a bit unfair when you can't choose so you go for such minor things as the ease of pronouncement of a characters name. :(

Voted, there were five I really liked so had to re read and dither and come back again.

It feels a bit unfair when you can't choose so you go for such minor things as the ease of pronouncement of a characters name. :(
Lol. Well I'm sure you've found more reasons than that! It's useful when it tough to call, to have a list of major elements besides the standard. eg, emotional power, strong voice, resonant images, arresting language. For me, usually emotional depth will take precedence, if it's a tight call. But it might be a combination of the examples.

:eek: :love: :D

Wow, that’s an awesome honor! So many great stories there.

Tremendous thanks and hugs and Christmas cookies to my lovely voters, mosaix, Abernovo, johnnyjet, Serendipity, Kerry and Cathbad! I shall endeavor to be worthy of your votes in the coming year.