Agents of Shield 5.01-5.02 Orientation

Cli-Fi

John J. Falco
So Agents of Shield is now The Expanse. I think I went into this with high expectations and maybe I thought it would be cooler than it was. It was cool low-ball sci-fi and even though the Shield team has never done this before. The prison ship has been played out in just about every single major science fiction franchise ever.

What's the point of sending them into the future? Were they out of other ideas? They still could be part of the framework though.

So Agents of Shield is now The Expanse. I think I went into this with high expectations and maybe I thought it would be cooler than it was. It was cool low-ball sci-fi and even though the Shield team has never done this before. The prison ship has been played out in just about every single major science fiction franchise ever.

What's the point of sending them into the future? Were they out of other ideas? They still could be part of the framework though.
I must have missed a ton of Sci-fi during the time I was not watching TV, as I do not share this view. also, having seen the entire episode (not that you didn't, Cli-Fi, but it could be interpreted so), I do not think this is a prison ship, & have only a somewhat vague idea that it may be
a case of the blue guys having come to Earth, intending to settle there. Granted, the massive destruction has obviously spoiled their plans, but regardless, it is obvious that they regard humans the same way we regard apes. Humans are lesser beings, whose foolishness has destroyed their planet. That the blue guy that owned the injured human thought nothing of killing him, just because his face had been scratched says a lot! Though I still wonder about the few humans that act as 'trustees'. Anything beyond that would be pure speculation.

The wrist plugs remind me of those collars of obedience seen on both Star Trek ('60s) & Lost in Space (among others), also the palm plugs on Logan's Run. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, original ideas are few.

I must have missed a ton of Sci-fi during the time I was not watching TV, as I do not share this view. also, having seen the entire episode (not that you didn't, Cli-Fi, but it could be interpreted so), I do not think this is a prison ship, & have only a somewhat vague idea that it may be
a case of the blue guys having come to Earth, intending to settle there. Granted, the massive destruction has obviously spoiled their plans, but regardless, it is obvious that they regard humans the same way we regard apes. Humans are lesser beings, whose foolishness has destroyed their planet. That the blue guy that owned the injured human thought nothing of killing him, just because his face had been scratched says a lot! Though I still wonder about the few humans that act as 'trustees'. Anything beyond that would be pure speculation.

The wrist plugs remind me of those collars of obedience seen on both Star Trek ('60s) & Lost in Space (among others), also the palm plugs on Logan's Run. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, original ideas are few.

You may be right, but I almost don't care enough to speculate. Besides for
Daisy coming in to save them at the last moment
Everything else was pretty standard flair of Sci-fi that I've seen over the years. Maybe I just loved season 4 so much that nothing can top it in my mind, but I'll have to keep my expectations in check next week, if I don't want to be let down again. I don't think it's bad sci-fi. Not at all. Just not very original like you said yourself and it's perfectly fine for people who don't watch a lot of sci-fi. It's cool seeing these characters in space, but they had more fun than I did :)

My biggest question is where the hell is Fitz!

You may be right, but I almost don't care enough to speculate. Besides for
Daisy coming in to save them at the last moment
Everything else was pretty standard flair of Sci-fi that I've seen over the years. Maybe I just loved season 4 so much that nothing can top it in my mind, but I'll have to keep my expectations in check next week, if I don't want to be let down again. I don't think it's bad sci-fi. Not at all. Just not very original like you said yourself and it's perfectly fine for people who don't watch a lot of sci-fi. It's cool seeing these characters in space, but they had more fun than I did :)

My biggest question is where the hell is Fitz!
Maybe he is being reserved for some grand entrance later on?
:LOL:
:whistle: I have seen too much such nick of time rescues, myself! They strain credibility beyond its breaking point, but sci-fi itself, err, rather science fantasy, :whistle: guy with flaming skull already strains credibility as far as I am concerned!

I agree that s4 was very good, but my standard is a bit different: if it is so far-fetched that I nearly fall out of my chair laughing, it is good. I just have trouble immersing myself in fantasy worlds outside of reading a book. It may be that visualizing things is better than seeing them on TV or movie screens.

It'll take some time -- and possibly quite a few more episodes -- before I can pass judgement on the direction season 5 has taken...

...but I did like Coulson's line (when a group of them set off to explore the place): "This has to be the coolest we've ever looked."

Watched episode 1 and enjoyed it enough, but it does feel like a very sudden transition.

I was kind of hoping that was Star Lord we saw enter the ship. :D