Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

That's a helluva lot of characters ... !

Also, this film's a two-parter, isn't it?

Will still look forward to it, though. :)

I heard that the war portion will be summed up in this movie and the next Avengers will I assume deal with the aftermath. So a continuation; not necessarily a two-parter. The war used to be both movies.

They should pull a Peter Jackson and split it into 3 parts instead. I think they're trying to cram too much into 2 films. That being said, the trailer looks great.

We get to finally see Thanos do what he does best. :D

It's noted that there is no hawkeye....

In fairness, I can't see many fans saying "Well, Cap and Iron Man are there, Black Panther looks like he has a large presence, Spidey and Strange are doing things, the Avengers meet the Guardians, but No Hawkeye = me no see".

With that said, I've seen a poster for this at my local budget cinema, and Hawkeye is on it, so I think he'll have a role.

If anyone wants to go see this, I recommend you book. It's coming out at my budget cinema in June. I've booked tickets already. I wasn't the first.

I've booked to see it, but due to my cinema not getting films until everyone else is done with it, I won't get to see it until June. Until then... Spoiler avoidance mode - activate!

It was probably my least favourite of the Avengers films, but it was still good. It wasn't helpful that I didn't recognise Captain America (with a beard and without his usual costume) and briefly drifted off to sleep.

I thought the ending was a bit pointless as we know most (if not all) of them will be okay.

This blew me away. Most of the MCU films made an impact on me, and I left feeling I enjoyed them, but this really upped the stakes. It's obviously not going to have the same affect on everyone but I would still recommend it!

Finally seen it. I think it pretty much epitomizes the greatest strengths and the weaknesses of the MCU. As someone who's seen every film in the series it was great watching all these characters coming together to take on the big bad who's been lurking behind the scenes all this time, but I would have hated to be someone trying to jump on with this movie. In fact it's getting increasingly difficult for new people to get into the MCU simply because there are all these characters, and we're supposed to know their backstories and what motivates them

As for the ending, I predict it will leave small children traumatized up and down the country. I say... Good. If I had to deal with the death of Optimus Prime in the good Transformers Movie, they can deal with the death of Spiderman! (even if it probably won't stick)

One of the better mcu films, and there are a few fun ones. if only decent DC films would start being made again

Saw it last night. It was... okay.

Some of the characters acted in an odd manner - Thor and Dr Strange were especially rude and seemed out of character. Also - at the end of Thor: Ragnarok we saw the Asgardians picked up by the Guardians of the Galaxy - yet that didn't happen in the film and therefore seemed like a continuity error.

Also - Thor needed another weapon? Wasn't it established in Ragnorok that the God of Thunder didn't need a weapon??

Putting different teams together was done well, but all too often characters seemed underpowered for the sake of plot - the Scarlet Witch and Vision were helpless against a couple of underlings at the start? Why didn't Dr Strange simply drop Thanos into another dimension or far-away world?

While it was good to see Thanos had an actual motivation, he was boringly indestructible. The scene when trying to remove his gauntlet seemed to take forever - why didn't Iron Man simply cut the guy's hand off and so get the job done more quickly?

I'm also left clueless why Captain America looks so different and no longer has his shield - did I forget something from Winter Soldier?

It not so much that I didn't enjoy the film - the character exchanges, as usual, were fun - but the story seemed driven by convenience, papering over potential plot holes. The tone also seemed more like a comic than the Marvel Universe films to date.

And does anyone seriously think the deaths at the end will stick? Hint: no one of consequence ever seems to die in the Marvel Universe. :)