What are your top five vampire films?

FB_IMG_1586498069367.jpg

I've seen that as The Fearless Vampire Killers. Last I watched, it wasn't quite as funny as my 12-year-old self had thought, though I did walk away from that viewing with a renewed appreciation of how well Sharon Tate came across on screen.

Randy M.

In one particular order:
Dracula A.D. 1972 (1972) - Only because it's one of the first Hammer films I remember watching on late night TV as a spotty teen
Dracula: Dead and Loving It (1995)
From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
John Carpenter's Vampires (1998)
What We Do In The Shadows (2014)

I forgot about What We Do In The Shadows. Great movie.

1. Dracula 1933
2. The Blood of Dracula 1957
3. Dracula 1979
4. Fright Night 1984
5. Dracula 1992

These aren't in order. I don't know if I could put them in order.

Dracula (1992).
Dracula (1979.) Frank Langella was able to make his eyes quiver.
Interview with a Vampire.
Blade.
Underworld.

With Fright Night (1984), Let the Right One In, and Byzantium as runners up.

Best Dracula? By far the 3 people who perform a play every year at Whitby Abbey. The most atmospheric s the final one on Halloween at night. It's also available to watch on YouTube, well worth checking out (and very funny in parts)

As for films - I am Legend (and from what I remember another version The Omega Man was good too). Also Fright Night (original version) was very good.

@Starbeast I second Love at First Bite.

No one has mentioned The Last Man on Earth nor The Omega Man (both based on Richard Matheson's I am Legend). Nor has anyone mentioned the unintentionally hilarious Plan 9 From Outer Space.

While not a vampire, all the male immortals of The Highlander endure the centuries by moving from one pretty young woman to the next, taking their love and life in an attempt to feel alive and to stay connected to humanity.

A difficult choice. A lot of fun Vampire films.

1) Interview with a Vampire
2) 30 days of Night
3) The Lost Boys
4) Blade
5) Near Dark

Near Dark is a great one if you are a fan of the Aliens cast.

Also "A Girl Walks Home along at Night" is well worth a watch. Cool Israeli film with subtitles.

I haven't included the Hammer Dracula films and earlier classics, but I do enjoy them.
Glad to see no one included Twilight films.

Last edited: