Star Trek - Discovery - 1.09: Into the Forest I Go

Interesting. So Lorca really didn't want to go home. Makes us wonder what he wants to do in that lost corner of the Unverse. :)

He took them there for a reason. I suspect he'll use that debris to make a point to his crew - to get them on board with whatever plan he has!

He took them there for a reason. I suspect he'll use that debris to make a point to his crew - to get them on board with whatever plan he has!
Perhaps strike the Klingon homeworld? I can see Lorca justifying genocide

Or is it to return to his own universe?

Perhaps strike the Klingon homeworld? I can see Lorca justifying genocide

Or is it to return to his own universe?
Archer went to the Klingon Homeworld, though even if they are ignoring that canon, it never seemed very far away - Kirk went quickly there in The Undiscovered Country, and there are published, authorised maps that have it close to the Beta Quadrant border.

I thought the navigator said something like, I have no idea where we are. They would still be able to see the same stars and pulsars. Either he is an atrocious navigator, or else they are much further away from home than the Klingon Homeworld.

That was my own take, obviously, but that was why I immediately thought "alternative universe." That, and the fact that they twice dropped hints that the spore "map" in Stamets head also included alternative universes. Quite willing to believe they are just playing with us though, especially after the "sleeper spy" business.

Archer went to the Klingon Homeworld, though even if they are ignoring that canon, it never seemed very far away - Kirk went quickly there in The Undiscovered Country, and there are published, authorised maps that have it close to the Beta Quadrant border.

I thought the navigator said something like, I have no idea where we are. They would still be able to see the same stars and pulsars. Either he is an atrocious navigator, or else they are much further away from home than the Klingon Homeworld.

That was my own take, obviously, but that was why I immediately thought "alternative universe." That, and the fact that they twice dropped hints that the spore "map" in Stamets head also included alternative universes. Quite willing to believe they are just playing with us though, especially after the "sleeper spy" business.

From what Im reading of this episodes storyline . Parallel universe. This might actually solve all of the continuity issues . Why ? because they can still say it is a Prime Universe but not necessarily the original prime time line. It really doesn't have to be. If this is what they been doing, It's an absolutely brilliant move ! (y):cool:

I get around any continuity problems by thinking of Discovery as a sequel to Enterprise rather than a prequel to ST:TOS.

Well yes but if you ignore a link to ST:TOS then you don’t get wound up over uniforms, technology etc,etc,

Back