First look at the 13th Doctors costume...

I seem to be alone in not being a fan. But then I didn't like the Ponds as they reminded me of demented Cbeebies presenters and this has the same vibe. Like HareBrain said it feels juvenile in comparison to previous doctors. I hope that the outfit isn't a reflection of the character.

I seem to be alone in not being a fan. But then I didn't like the Ponds as they reminded me of demented Cbeebies presenters and this has the same vibe. Like HareBrain said it feels juvenile in comparison to previous doctors. I hope that the outfit isn't a reflection of the character.
I hope they don't turn a great kids programme into a kids programme!

I like that they've brought more colour in again. And it's nicely Doctor quirky.

And the outfit rarely seems to reflect the personality. Smith dressed as a stuffy professor but spent most of his time falling over and being mad and energetic. Capaldi would often rock a hoodie and sunglasses but was an angry, anti-social old man. He also seemed to alternate between three or four different looks, so she's probably not going to be wearing this all the time.

It looks as if she's pulled her trousers up too high. It's a bit too self-consciously wacky, perhaps, but then to my mind Doctor Who always has been, so fair enough.

If anything the coat seems to be more wrongly placed than the rest. I guess because previous doctors were more akin to smart all over with a bit of wild colour thrown in - a bow tie, a scarf. This time it seems more half and half.

Also I like the Mork reference with the choice!

The trousers are horrendous. Rest seems fine. The real problem is the door handle being in the wrong place.

Charlotte Gore Techno Bard on Twitter

Anyway, probably would've gone with a 1920s waistcoat, trousers and shirt/blouse look myself, but there we are. They never asked me :p

I think it's quite interesting how the outfit is intentionally designed to square off her torso and obscure her hips. I do get the sense that it's very much designed with an eye to cosplayers, to enable a wide range of body shapes to pull it off.

Interesting thought. When the Alien computer game came out a couple of years ago, pictures for Ripley and the androids were released with it, with instructions as to how to dress up as them. I thought it was weird at the time, but it makes sense, both in terms of being friendly to purchasers and helping them advertise the brand/broaden the fanbase.

What strikes me is how androgynous the look is. I hope that's not because so many people objected to having a female doctor that they're afraid to make the doctor actually look like female in any obviously cultural way - or even a gender role model.

I suspect the writers are going to have an underlying storyline about identity. In other words, not simply jumping the Doctor into a new skin, but having the doctor experiencing something of a crisis of identity, of which the gender change is part of it.

I much prefer the outfit she wore in the introduction to the new doctor trailer.

It just looks like they were in a rush, and blindly grabbed some stuff out of a wardrobe. If somebody got paid to actually put this together, the BBC, and more importantly, the BBC Licence Fee Payers need their cash back.

The saddest thing of all, is, the outfit in the trailer probably was literally grabbed blindly out of a wardrobe, or from the divine Miss Whittaker's own bedroom, yet looks so much better, versus the cleverly and cunningly contrived doctor's outfit.

I have been trying to stop worrying - regardless of how unsuitable and poorly qualified the new Showrunner is, Miss Whittaker is a damned fine actress, and like Capaldi who has had to serve with an over worked showrunner, who hasn't always been at his best, with too many fingers in too many pies, such as Sherlock, his skill and ability as an Actor has allowed himself to rise above it.

But when they can't even put a decent outfit together....
I have strong suspicions that the genuinely creative people behind the scenes know whats about to happen, and that's why they are all jumping ship before the new Era begins - they don't want their CV's tarnished by being associated with a massive flop.
I hope I am wrong, I don't want the Greatest Show in the Galaxy to be resigned back to the dump, I don't want to be living in a new dark time with no new Who, but other than a fantastic actress in the main role, every single other sign is bad.

Bradley Walsh????????

I liked Capaldi. I didn't like his clothes at all. It just made his grumpiness even worse. I think this is an effort to put some contrast in from Calpadi's doctor more than anything else. Otherwise, I'm fine with the androgynous look. Much better than Missy's mourning Victorian garb.

I liked Capaldi. I didn't like his clothes at all. It just made his grumpiness even worse. I think this is an effort to put some contrast in from Calpadi's doctor more than anything else. Otherwise, I'm fine with the androgynous look. Much better than Missy's mourning Victorian garb.

How very dare you :eek:
I quite liked Missy's outfit, though I thought the Umbrella leant her too far into the Mary Poppins direction.

Capaldi's was the most Classic style we have had so far, but it is getting a bit boring, the whole Doctor having to have dashing good looks, and wearing a nice smart suit, and other variations on Victorian Torture Wear, like Ties, Bow Ties etc. I can see why of course! Clearly, a nice Whistle, being all suited and booted, with a Tie is a perfect outfit for a Chap who is going to find himself constantly running, through all sorts of weather and geographic conditions...

In the reveal trailer, I really liked Jodies look, dark hoody, greyish kind of old military type great coat, it felt modern, yet doctorish too.

The outfit does have a strong whiff of 80's kids TV Presenter - you can almost see her fighting with Ed the Duck, or pulling her Sonic on Gordon the Gopher. :D

If I was allowed to alter the outfit a little, whilst keeping the basic look, I would just make 2 changes - make the trousers a darker colour, to more match the top, and the same for the Duster type coat she's wearing - make it darker - I really like the Duster apart from it's colour.

It could be worse, a hell of a lot worse given the new show runner! We are probably lucky (or is that unlucky???) that she is not in Knee Boots with stilleto heels, and a short leather mini skirt. This is after all, the chap who attempted to sexualise a Cyberman (woman) by altering "Emergency Upgrade" to add a metal Bra and high heels to the standard Cyberman template....
That, or Ianto had some seriously kinky fun with some tools, a drill and scrap metal after rescuing her!!

I had settled down to just accept Chibbers in charge, because, on the Creative Side, it's not a 1 man job, there are various other people involved, along with the guest writers, so he would be surrounded by talent and experience. The problem is, that Talent appears to be deserting the Production Office like Lemmings who have heard about a cool new cliff. My hope is people are simply finding the change of guard to be a good time to use their experience with Who to move on and further their careers. Because the other option is much scarier - that these are not Yes Men, so Chibbers is wielding the Producers Scythe to winnow them out and replace them with people who will say Yes Sir, Mr Producer, how high should I jump?, every single time.