SSX

It's the demand to name it which would put me off.

I love that we are all so different here, and I think it's what makes this place so good. One of the things, anyway. The fact that the meercat was called Steve was absolutely what hooked me, that and the octopus. I could immediately see Steve, and hear his voice. Whether @sinister42 requested this tongue-in-cheek or not, it appealed to me. The whackier, the better! I just love a challenge.

And now I'll take cover....

I love that we are all so different here, and I think it's what makes this place so good.
Couldn't agree more. That was my view. Chrons is all the better for having so many different tastes, and personalities.
Difference makes for better stories, better inspiration, better food and drink.

I can't resist the lure of that poster!
Yep. Gotta love that poster.

Aww... you guys... :D

Incidentally I have just had another PM about the wacky requests... Means we could possibly have 3 more people...

In S42s request, I'd have been quite up for writing the upside-down rain. It has been the case in the past that people have used the request as a loose stimulus, so if you get a wacky request that is not your bag, you can normally extract something from it that you like.

I'm now super-envious of being the host this time; if I'd known HB was going to be dazzled by my poster I'd've have done one last time and hoped to have him write for me.

I might still participate, though. Maybe a mystery about the English Countryside, Old English Gods and Goddesses... I don't know, I'll have to think :devilish:

pH

I don't like everybody being different. Everybody should be like me.

Anyway, I'm in this time. I have also been bewitched by the poster. I also remember when this challenge was about working out whether we each had our own distinctive style.

I would like a humourous story (i.e. one that makes me laugh, not one that's stupid) with an all-female main cast.

I don't like everybody being different. Everybody should be like me..

I really try to be like you.
Been copying your hairstyle and clothes for weeks, delving into your bin to make sure I'm getting and eating the same foods.
Shadowing you on social media and hacking your friends accounts.
Last night I leaned over you for almost two hours while you were sleeping so I could be breathing the same air.
I am getting there but I may have to try
from inside your skin.

(75 words exactly! I wish we'd done a challenge on obsessive stalking)

I really try to be like you.
Been copying your hairstyle and clothes for weeks, delving into your bin to make sure I'm getting and eating the same foods.
Shadowing you on social media and hacking your friends accounts.
Last night I leaned over you for almost two hours while you were sleeping so I could be breathing the same air.
I am getting there but I may have to try
from inside your skin.

(75 words exactly! I wish we'd done a challenge on obsessive stalking)

OMG! This had me cracking up! :ROFLMAO:

Okay, so I sat out the last one having failed to deliver in SS8 but I knew I'd be back eventually. Now there's a poster, well, it's a done deal!

Request-wise, I'd like something that subverts a trope of some kind (your choice) in a fantasy-esque (steampunk, alt history, etc. would be also be fine) genre.

Count me in...

I would love to see a story that involves a penguin soldier and romantic-drama or just drama.

(Edited to add new request:
"let's suppose that mankind started to colonize Mars in the year 2030 and now we are in 2090/2100, so with a fully developed and independent martian's country. Pretend to be a guy/girl that just landed on Mars to start a new life, describe what you think it would be like, your job, people, the city itself and so on.")

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I’m in.

I’d like a Groundhog Day style murder mystery, where the detective is forced to live the same day (and murder) over and over until s/he solves it and catches the killer.

Oh, my lord. I wish I'd thought of that! I'd already have a book going (that I also wouldn't have finished). That's brilliant.

Ok, I’m in.

I’d like a Groundhog Day style murder mystery, where the detective is forced to live the same day (and murder) over and over until s/he solves it and catches the killer.

oh Dan! That was the plot of the first short story I ever attempted. <nostalgia glow>

Back