Face To Face Pitching

Face to face pitching allows you to learn a lot about yourself -and where you are in your career.
For those in the M62 zone of England you might want to keep your eye on The National Creative Writing Graduate Fair For a tiny fee, you'll get a morning of workshops and an afternoon of two face to face pitching opportunities. You do not need to be a graduate or at uni to attend.
One appointment with an agent and possibly one with a publisher or author. It's terrifying, yes, but my first pitch there landed me an 'I'll show it to a friend' and a req for a full by an industry giant, unfortunately said contact went freelance and way beyond my pocket. Second visit was more of a feeler approach, but I've an agent waiting on the WIP as a result. Its not aimed at genre but you will find plenty of genre represented in the pitching sessions.
Dan - I am sorry I did not see this post last year, I hope it went well.
For anyone else, face to face pitching is no different than piling it all in a letter. Know your audience, know your shelf space, know yourself. Don't Waste Your Air, be concise so you have time to shine.