Discussions for the 100 word Anonymous Challenge for November 2017.

I really like this challenge as well (not that I would have a reason to be partial to it or anything). Do I need to get approval for February's theme and genre from anyone? Also, out of curiosity, why is this here rather than with the 75 and 300 word challenges?

The winner of the previous anonymous challenge is allowed to select the theme and genre. (That's you!)

This challenge was set up by members as an "unofficial" one, set apart from the "official" ones set up by the site's supervisors.

I really like this challenge as well (not that I would have a reason to be partial to it or anything). Do I need to get approval for February's theme and genre from anyone? Also, out of curiosity, why is this here rather than with the 75 and 300 word challenges?
Basically, the 75 and 300 challenges were set up by mods, and more or less imposed on the hoi polloi. This anonymous and the Sekrit Santa grew out of the ranks, and have less overall oversight than the more 'official' ones. That's nothing against them, we don't do racism on Chrons, and they are definitely not classed as inferior, or anything, and actually, with the similarity between the two techniques, it's quite handy that they be separated to avoid people confusing them. People like me, perhaps?

All of which means that if we, the aforementioned hoi polloi, don't keep the thing going, it'll just fade away, and the mods won't lift a finger to save it. :)

"There you go, bringing class into it again."

No. Honestly the management have always been completely supportive of the idea, which was initially thought of to make sure no-one was always voting for their favourite authors, by keeping it anonymous until after the vote.
For me, it's somehow easier to experiment when my name isn't on it.
(My name is an alias, so I'm pretty much anonymous anyway, but..... My god I must be paranoid.)

As for approval of the theme, I think the only restrictions are to keep in the spirit of the site. ie Family friendly etc.

All of which means that if we, the aforementioned hoi polloi, don't keep the thing going, it'll just fade away, and the mods won't lift a finger to save it. :)

"There you go, bringing class into it again."

No. Honestly the management have always been completely supportive of the idea, which was initially thought of to make sure no-one was always voting for their favourite authors, by keeping it anonymous until after the vote.
For me, it's somehow easier to experiment when my name isn't on it.
(My name is an alias, so I'm pretty much anonymous anyway, but..... My god I must be paranoid.)

As for approval of the theme, I think the only restrictions are to keep in the spirit of the site. ie Family friendly etc.
It's not paranoia if someone really is after you! :sneaky: (y) :whistle: