Discussions for the 100 word Anonymous Challenge for November 2017.

Well done Joshua Jones. :)

Also well done to the one I voted for, Last Night by Jackwinabox57

And an especial well done to Ashleyne for going for it with a haiku.

I was having a stab at the longest title with WITNESS STATEMENT etc. :D

Last edited:
Well done Joshua Jones!
Thanks Victoria Silverwolf for hosting.

Congrats, Joshua. Choose wisely.

And many thanks to Victoria.

Congrats @Joshua Jones, a compelling, well-formed story in such a compact format is not easy. Very well executed.

My own entry was heavily based on the Penlee Lifeboat Disaster, something I'd been thinking about writing for a long time. When the theme fitted(ish) I felt as if I had to attempt it. The fact that folk like that volunteer to put their lives at risk on a daily basis never ceases to humble me.

Congrats, I think I missed the voting, 'cause I just voted, sorry, I had stuff to do. But my choice was weathered.

Do we know who's gonna host the challenge for December?

Congratulations, @Joshua Jones! Well done. I'm glad I was one who voted for your story.

And thanks for a job well done, Victoria, for leading the challenge.

And @mosaix, how did I guess yours? Maybe blind luck? ...

Congrats Joshua for showing that "Revenge is a dish best not served" (*my take on it anyway;)
Thanx Dannymcg for my first vote, I guess I put the "bury" in Bradburyish. :ninja:
Nice diversion Cathbad. (n)
This was fun. :LOL:. Happy Holidays Everyone!

My story, I think, worked pretty good at 161 words.

I'm still trying to figure out how to successfully write a 75 word one...

Thank you, everyone. It is so encouraging to hear how much everyone enjoyed it, especially being it started out at 250 words. I had to cut out an entire act to get it down to 100, but I may resurrect it in the form of a 300 or perhaps expand it into something significantly longer.

So, again, thank you to everyone who participated, cake is on the way to those who voted for my story, and I look forward to the next challenge!

BTW, how does that work? I assume the next one is in January; do I just make the first post for that one?

Thank you, everyone. It is so encouraging to hear how much everyone enjoyed it, especially being it started out at 250 words. I had to cut out an entire act to get it down to 100, but I may resurrect it in the form of a 300 or perhaps expand it into something significantly longer.

So, again, thank you to everyone who participated, cake is on the way to those who voted for my story, and I look forward to the next challenge!

BTW, how does that work? I assume the next one is in January; do I just make the first post for that one?

Yes, it's probably a bit late for a December one now and there'll probably be a 300 in January and we avoid a 100 / 300 clash, so Feb the likely month.

Towards the end of Jan, start looking round for a host (Maybe you do it? Doesn't stop you entering.). The host generally kicks the threads off early in the month.

Johnnyjet and CC guessed mine. What was the give-away?

Well, I really liked it, so right away there was a chance it was yours. ;) I think too I've been reading your stories almost four years, and that's also a great help. (I won't say it was a lucky guess, because I did think I recognized your style.) CC

Yes, it's probably a bit late for a December one now and there'll probably be a 300 in January and we avoid a 100 / 300 clash, so Feb the likely month.

Towards the end of Jan, start looking round for a host (Maybe you do it? Doesn't stop you entering.). The host generally kicks the threads off early in the month.

I can see that it's possibly too late for one this month, and that everyone's fairly busy in December anyway. (Not sure quite why.)
But let's be sure to run one in February. It'd be a shame if the 100 fizzled out.

I can see that it's possibly too late for one this month, and that everyone's fairly busy in December anyway. (Not sure quite why.)
But let's be sure to run one in February. It'd be a shame if the 100 fizzled out.
I wholeheartedly agree! I think Its the best challenge! :cool:

I really like this challenge as well (not that I would have a reason to be partial to it or anything). Do I need to get approval for February's theme and genre from anyone? Also, out of curiosity, why is this here rather than with the 75 and 300 word challenges?