Dudley Simpson

D'you know what?
I'd never even thought about a theme tune composer, I thought it was some bit of classical music they used.
I mainly watched it to see the enemy skinhead woman who wore evening dresses with combat boots - teen fantasy

D'you know what?
I'd never even thought about a theme tune composer, I thought it was some bit of classical music they used.
I mainly watched it to see the enemy skinhead woman who wore evening dresses with combat boots - teen fantasy

It's extraordinary to realise that the Doctor Who incidental music as well as the theme was almost entirely electronic, and that it was incredibly technical painstaking work, utilising rooms and rooms full of equipment, the place looked more like the control room for a nuclear power station or maybe even a space station than a workshop for incredibly creative musicians.
There's an American Singer/Songwriter, Zola Jesus, who's music is full of dark and moody synths, she kind of sounds and feels like the love child created after a passionate affair between Delia Derbyshire and David Bowie, and perhaps had some of Joy Division/New Order as Uncles & Godfathers! :D

I was watching an interview with her recently, and I don't know if she is an actual Dr Who fan, or if she simply came across Radiophonic Workshop releases, but she is a huge fan of the Theme and incidental music of 60's Dr Who, both by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, and especially the work of Delia Derbyshire - Delia is a massive influence on her, creatively. Even now, the original 1963 mix of the theme tune is astounding.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's just amazing to think that people like Delia, and Dudley Simpson, took those banks of machines and dials, and made fantastic music with them!
True Pioneers.

For the Teenage Danny!!! :p
Jacqueline Pearce was very much an attractive young lady! Amazingly, she was only in Dr Who once - The Two Doctors, in the mid Eighties Colin Baker era, starring opposite Colin B and Patrick Troughton. She has done voice acted in loads of Audio's for the Big Finish Dr Who Audio Range, though.

jackson-bw.jpg

Back