'Oumuamua: First extrasolar object spotted?

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Damn it ! I wish I were that asteroid or comet and go as fast through this Universe and finally find out what's hiding behind.:D

Not from another solar system. A chunk of this one, hanging around all these millenia. Bet the ranch. Does Vegas have odds on it?

The BBC follows up, this time with an artist's impression: Bizarre shape of interstellar asteroid

_98827075_mediaitem98827074.jpg

New Scientist reports on the discovery of a comet that could have originated from outside of our solar system: We may have just seen the first comet from another solar system

In the meantime, we've lost track of hundreds of others inside our solar system - including 135 that pass close to Earth: A 300-kilometre space rock has vanished since we saw it in 1995

I bet stuff like this is responsible for some of the "cigar-shaped," UFOs documented in the 1800s.

'From another solar system" what does that mean? Is it visiting? Is it going home? What solar system, the nearest one?> This is hype to get you to read the article - that's a giant ET cigarshoppe ship, from some solar syatem or other. Maybe.

'From another solar system" what does that mean? Is it visiting? Is it going home? What solar system, the nearest one?> This is hype to get you to read the article - that's a giant ET cigarshoppe ship, from some solar syatem or other. Maybe.

Hard to answer when we only have telescopes and observe them.

Call me pedantic but I hate the sloppy use of "solar system." There is, and can only be, one solar system and that is the one with the star called Sol at it's centre (the clue is in the name). The solar system is one example of a stellar system.