If You Built a Space Ship With An instantaneous Drive , What Would You Do and Where Would you go?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Meaning you can go anywhere in the universe in the blink of an eye , Your ship has no issue with the dilation , you can go anywhere and still be able find your way back to earth in an instant .What are the places that you would want to to visit in the universe and what are the sights that you want to see close up? :)

What are the sues you would put such a ship to? :)

Maybe Baylor was talking about a boy named Sue, Alex.
Take him to Jaynesville, I say.

What uses would you put the the ship too.:unsure:

I think my first problem would be the time it would take to write the list. I would want to go everywhere. At least twice. I would be the ultimate kid in the sweet shop, and I know that everywhere I went I would see something else to check out before the next item on my list.

1. Galactic north of the Milky Way, couple hundred light years, and get a good look at our galaxy.
2. Within viewing distance of Sagittarius A* (but not TOO close :eek:)
3. Close-up look at Saturn, Jupiter
4. View of the inside of a globular cluster
5. Something like the Pillars of Hercules close up.

Anywhere? I'd go to the exact centre, the part of the universe from which everything is expanding.

Interesting Choice Harpo. I did a paper about this very concept. If you look up "The Center of The Universe" on the WWW, it says: "The center of the Universe is a concept that lacks a coherent definition in modern astronomy; according to standard cosmological theories on the shape of the Universe, it has no center."

This is because of the observation that, no matter where you look from (i.e. What galaxy) the Universe appears to be expanding away from you. (Not sure how they've come to that observation). Try here: Where is the centre of the universe?

Interesting Choice Harpo. I did a paper about this very concept. If you look up "The Center of The Universe" on the WWW, it says: "The center of the Universe is a concept that lacks a coherent definition in modern astronomy; according to standard cosmological theories on the shape of the Universe, it has no center."

This is because of the observation that, no matter where you look from (i.e. What galaxy) the Universe appears to be expanding away from you. (Not sure how they've come to that observation).
Which is exactly why I want to go there, and a craft that can go anywhere instantly is the only way to do it.
No line-of-sight limitations, no "ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha" coordinates required, just go.

On another thought; I'm not sure about instantaneous travel since for me the journey is half the fun.

Or in the immortal words of Travis Lucia Hamilton-McQueen::

I was beginning to think that getting here was half the fun, but when the shock of cold air hit me, I changed my mind. I think it was all the fun.

We could play a game where we fire a laser and go thirty light seconds and bounce it back with a mirror, and then leave a mirror at both ends, basically a Solar system sized game of video pong. :LOL:

The Trappist system. Those earthlike planets intrigue me.

I'd visit other places on Earth. Is that possible with this technology?

Other than that, I'd pop to the moon, and Andromeda. So not that far, really.

I would set the controls to take me beyond the darkness to see it that is possible.