Gemmell Movie?

i think the first chronicles should be the first movie made, i hate it when they do prequels. i think with 6 months in the gym buiilding muscle gerrard butler would be perfect for that role with dwayne johnson as klay.

Personally i think Brian Blessed would be the perfect actor for the job. just look at him. tall and built right. and the beard does it all for the part reall. juts put him in a leather jerkin and chainmail. then put snaga in his hands. and there you have it :)

Knights of Dark Renown for me with Josh Hartnett or Colin Farrell as Manannan.

Otherwise what about Troy or Lion of Macedon.

They can always come back to Druss or Waylander later.

I think waylander would be a good first intro style film, you would'nt need much in the way of an SF budget for effects, and it does a pretty good job of describing the environment/world they live.

Possibly Sean Bean as Waylander? thoughts anyone?

Yeah good thought, but how about mel gibson

Great site by the way, just found this while looking up stuff on my favorite author Mr. Gemmell on the net. For a movie, I always envisioned Liam Neeson playing Waylander. After seeing him in Taken, I am convinced that he could pull off Waylander with absolutely no problems. The rest of the cast could be nobody's but the person playing Waylander has to be able to draw the viewers attention.

With Legend, I think Ray Winston from King Arthur (Bors) and the voice of Beowulf could pull him off. Hes the right height and width to pull off Druss. He reminds me a lot of the Druss character in the Arthur movie. Rek could be pulled off by a few different people. Orlando Bloom could pull him off but he would be better as Serbitar. Christian Bale jumps to mind. Ken Watanabe is absolutely the right person to play Ulric. Nogusta could have been played by Bolo Yeung the asian actor but he's too old now. Bowman should be Ryan Reynolds. He can pull off the smartass character very well. Virae would most likely be Scarlet Johannsen for me. Remember she was a blond with large breasts and a nice body. Jessica Alba doesn't really fit that build lol.

For slick, beautiful fighting I don't think anybody could touch JCVD. Other than Dolph Lundgren, perhaps.

Dolph could do the good looker blonde bit too. If you want a blonde, handsome, brooding Skilgannon.

If you don't mind the actor not being a hardcore martial artist, then Brad Pitt would be an obvious candidate.

Considering the things XVX-Dread & Mahayana said about Skilgannon, i.e. someone fighting his inner demons, someone slim & aesthetically muscular etc., how about the footballer David Beckham?

David is not yet an actor, but I believe he can be transformed into a decent one with the right coaching. He's not that talkative, but maybe that could turn out a plus in his favour, if his Skilgannon is presented as a reserved character.

Eric Cantona, another ex-footballer from France, is also an actor now. Now, he is one who can definitely play a brawler. His famous kung fu flying kick during a game for Manchester United, aimed at some yobbo spectator who had been needling him continuously, is now part of British football legend. Maybe Eric could play Druss.

Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson and Steven Seagal should also be auditioned for one of the other Gemmelian hero roles.

There's also a new bloke named Scott Adkins. He played the lead role in a recent American-ninja movie. He looked quite proficient, I thought.

Then there's British martial arts actor Gary Daniels. He's not bad either.

Orlando Bloom? Haven't got anything personal against him, but my view is that he's a bit too cutish to play a macho, swashbuckling swordsman convincingly.

Keira Knightley, Milla Jovovich, Kristanna Loken, Natasha Henstridge should play the Gemmelian girls.

Last edited:
Sorry, I just can't see Brian Blessed as Druss :) Although Hugh Jackman as Jon Shannow has some possibility

I have returned to this forum after many months,to see that you still can't find an actor to play,Druss.All your suggestions are for people who are too small,too fat,not actors,don't speak english,(13th warrior guy),or several other reasons.Lets face it......he's not out there,much as we wish he was,he isn't,it seems.I will,however,applaude some of you for the thought you have put into this thread though,do keep it up.

He is dead now but Robert Swenson could have done Druss. Bit to tall but nobodys perfect

here's some more names to argue over.

druss - james gandofini or ron pearlman
bowman - simon pegg
skillgannon - alexander skarsgaard
sieben - robert downey jnr or james franco
nogusha - nathan jones
waylander - josh brolin
serbitar - tom felton (draco malfoy)

enjoy :D

here's some more names to argue over.

druss - james gandofini or ron pearlman
bowman - simon pegg
skillgannon - alexander skarsgaard
sieben - robert downey jnr or james franco
nogusha - nathan jones
waylander - josh brolin
serbitar - tom felton (draco malfoy)

enjoy :D
I'm sorry but Simon Pegg as Bowman? what the....

Tom Felton as Serbitar is a goos idea though.

IF a motion picture was ever to come out...

Would give my right leg to see a movie adaptation of Echoes of The Great Song with Guillermo Del Torro behind the wheel! :eek:

Last edited:
I believe Tom Hardy (Bronson, Bane-Dark knight rises) would make an excellent Druss. He's got the right height, size and imposing charactor.
He's also a good actor and able to do a convincing booming accent.
What do you think?

I don't think aging him would be a problem, make up and special effects these days can work wonders. Give him some hair and some more make up to make him look young, that could be pulled off too I reckon.
I think the main problem is finding a good actor with the imposing charactor, build(huge but not ripped) and acting skills to pull it off, he certainly fits the bill.
A bonus is he isn't fully mainstream A list celeb yet, his status wouldn't skew the movie like an Arnie or Stallone would.

Ray Winstone could work as an older Druss, but I think he would need to bulk up his chest/upper arms some.
Young Druss would be hard for him to play though, he's already going grey.