Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000

Tulius Hostilius

I recently saw again “Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie”, 2010, (Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie (2010) - IMDb).

I really liked the movie, the ambiance, the continuous tension helped by the soundtrack. The minus are some action scenes, a bit unbelievable, and too much for the show.

Opinions?

And another question: Is there any “Warhammer 40,000” novel that you can point to me, a non initiate in that universe?

A massively disappointing effort. Ultramarines: Walking and Talking. Phhth.

If the OP ever returns they could try reading the original Ultramarines novel Nightbringer by Graham McNeill.

Everything that I have read says that it's not as good as it could be.

I adore Dan Abnett's writing and his work with the Black Library is second to none. I need to try and pick up a copy, but really want to like this.

What Game Workshop might consider doing is to produce CGI Warhammer films but, bring in people with experience in making theses kinds films to help them out. They can still keep whatever creative control that they want. This could be a fairy lucrative niche for them.

Last edited:
I see huge untaped movie and even television potential in Warhammer and Warhammer 40k. This could potentially be as big as Star Wars and just as lucrative. Game Workshop can still hold not o story control on who does the film or tv series by putting that into any agreement with Hollywood or another other film company in the world.

I would love to see a Gaunts Ghost tv series, make it a bit like Band of Brothers or How about a Caiphis Cain show perhaps they could get someone like James Gunn to produce A Caiphis Cain series , Given James Gunns style of film making he would get its right . :):cool:

Now, if they wanted to do a big screen Utlamarines movie, Why not Ridley Scott? or Perter Jackson or Davis Twohy

Last edited: