DISCUSSION -- October 2017 300-Word Writing Challenge (#27)

Congratulations Victoria! I thought the quality of all the stories was really good this month, and I found it hard to pick my top ten.

Many nightmarish, sleepless nights’ worth of thanks to everyone who shortlisted or mentioned my story, but full on, black-blooded columns of gungy gratitude go to Phyrebrat, The Judge, Spoots, Ursa, Shyrka and Peter V for the votes. Horror really isn’t my forte as a writer, so I was delighted to get so many listings and votes.

Congratulations Victoria on the win :)

And thanks to our reviewers for their efforts this month.

A massive thank you to Cathbad, Ihe, Luigking, Wruter, Spoots, Dan, Littlestar, Phyrebrat, Shyrka, Teresa, and The Judge for all the mentions, votes, and lovely words of encouragement.

v

Congrats @Victoria Silverwolf

Thanks to Teresa Edgerton, Talysia, Rafellin, Lex E. Darion, DragonAether and The Judge (especially yourself, your Honour, for the the kind words about about my tale). Plus thanks for all the mentions. I believe this 300 is the best I've ever done, so even though I've not won I've won :)

I did start out with a horror, meandering along the lines of an English country garden version of the The Ring. However, no matter what I wrote it just didn't feel right. So I went along a more chilled, happy approach. I hope that folks got the idea where he was and who she was.

Now back to the NaNoWriMo and Short is about to get a surprise but welcome visitor.

I've been busy with work, so sorry if it feels like these lists are too late.

First, thanks to Cathbad, Victoria, Hoverdasher and SPoots for the reviews. I've done reviews in previous challanges and greatly appreciate the peeps who take the time and effort to write them.

Second, thanks to Cathbad, Peter V, SPoots, johnnyjet, Phyrebrat, Shyrka, Teresa, and The Judge for the mentions. A ginormous thanks to CC, TitaniumTi, Mouse and Starbeast for the votes. I'm trying to break away from the horror genre and you guys have been very encouraging.

Last, my shortlist:

Legend Unveiled by Hoverdasher

A LONG WAY HOME by Kerrybuchanan

Tidying up by Teresa Edgerton

Convalescence? by Dan Jones

and Model Citizens by The Judge.

I voted for The Demon of Whitecastle by Joshua Jones and Mary's Boy Child by dannymcg.

I also voted for The Veil, written by the winner, Congratulations, Victoria!!!

Thanks for the shortlisting, Ashleyne!

It was good to see you breaking new ground with your stories -- I look forward to seeing more non-horror adventures.

I started out in the various challenges a few months ago with some tales in a light "tongue in cheek" vein and scored big fat zero for consecutive entries.

I've tried since then with gruesome and scary and achieved occasional votes.

It has been noted that the more tragic and darker tales get in here the more votes they generate!

What a great site to be on :LOL:

I've been busy with work, so sorry if it feels like these lists are too late.

A ginormous thanks to CC, TitaniumTi, Mouse and Starbeast for the votes. I'm trying to break away from the horror genre and you guys have been very encouraging.

You're never too late to post anything you want to say. I've been occupied quite a bit lately myself. So no worries, Lady Ashleyne. We all get busy with things at times. AND, you are immensely welcome for the vote from me. You are definitely great at writing horror and drama. (y)

It has been noted that the more tragic and darker tales get in here the more votes they generate! What a great site to be on :LOL:

I too, have noticed that most people seem to like drama. with just a dab of fantasy. Once in a while, some will go for the "gore", while few like to create a story with a punchline.

As for me, whatever secretes, excretes, discharges or crawls out of my mind, I usually go with it. ;)
Unless several ideas spurt out. :alien: :cool: :ninja:

I started out in the various challenges a few months ago with some tales in a light "tongue in cheek" vein and scored big fat zero for consecutive entries.

I've tried since then with gruesome and scary and achieved occasional votes.

It has been noted that the more tragic and darker tales get in here the more votes they generate!

What a great site to be on :LOL:
Yeah, my most well received story (and only win) featured a paedophile antagonist...

Congratulations, Victoria!
Also, thank you to Abernovo for the stealth vote. That was a nice surprise.:)
You're welcome. Loved the story, with its SubUrban Fantasy, or Magical Realism perhaps, take on fairy tale themes. It really jumped out for me.

CONGRATULATIONS VICTORIA!

Thank you to everyone who read my story. Also, thank you to everyone who liked my story enough to put it on your favorite list. I do appreciate it.

Back