Your Favorite Sci-Fi Games

Bugg

A Lerxst in Wonderland
I played the Detroit demo and, yeah, you're right. Very good indeed. Played it three times, got three different outcomes. Don't think I'll be waiting for a price drop after all :)

EJ Heijnis

Inscribinator
A friend waged a year-long campaign to get me into Eve Online. He succeeded, and I'm both grateful and hateful that he did. It has become one of my all-time favorites, but damn it, I don't have time for the level of commitment my game brain insists upon. o_O It's really fun, though, and the free option gives you more than enough opportunity to get to know the game, to the point where you never have to pay a dime if you don't want to.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
I have a lot of interest in Eve Online, but so far I have been able to resist as I'm not really a hardcore gamer. I think I'll get drawn in eventually.

On a separate note, the Eve Online books are pretty good.

EJ Heijnis

Inscribinator
I have a lot of interest in Eve Online, but so far I have been able to resist as I'm not really a hardcore gamer. I think I'll get drawn in eventually.

On a separate note, the Eve Online books are pretty good.
Well, let me be the little devil in your ear: one of the best things about Eve is the skill training system. You train in real time, even when you're not logged in, meaning playing 24/7 doesn't give you much of an advantage. In general, you can approach things in Eve with a project mindset, working towards long-term goals by making progress whenever you can without feeling like you're not getting anywhere.

I've read a few of the short stories, and I thought they were pretty good. I might give the novels a try.

Overread

Direwolf of the chrons
And that was the last we heard of Rodders. Some say that if you listen quietly in the dead of night on the forums you can hear his ghost, echoing from the dark depths of the Eve Servers. Though what he whispers sounds like crazed ramblings of an accountant go mad in space.