Captain Scarlet is back.....

Great news, but that reviewer sounds far too young to be in charge of a computer - "someone young enough to have watched the BBC’s re-airing of the series as a kid in the early ‘90s" and "Captain Scarlet was a darker, more violent affair, dealing with themes of mortality, terrorism, and morals in the face of interplanetary war, rather than daring heroics of the Tracy family. At the time it was a shock to viewers expecting something similar from the team behind Thunderbirds." There WAS Supermarionation before Thunderbirds! There was Fireball XL5 and there was, of course, Stingray. Stingray is very dark at times, with all kinds of adult themes, but those were times when children and adults watched TV together.

Anyway, I'll move this to the Gerry Anderson forum. Yes, a forum already exists for those extremely old people who watched the BBC's airing of the series as a kid first time around!!! And for all those who were so "shocked" by it!

To be honest back in the 70s, when I watched it as a kid I never noticed it being dark and shocking. You also have to wonder what the reviewer made of UFO, aliens abducting humans to harvest their organs for transplant, now that is a dark storyline.

I really loathed Captain Blue.
He had a romance going with Symphony Angel but she was forever 'mine'

symphony_leather.jpg

I always felt sorry for lieutenant Green, everyone else seemed to be a Captain.

There is probably an article on racism in Captain Scarlet somewhere, given that Green wasn't a Captain and their leader is Col White...

I had the SPV toy - damn tracks kept coming off!

There is probably an article on racism in Captain Scarlet somewhere, given that Green wasn't a Captain and their leader is Col White...

I had the SPV toy - damn tracks kept coming off!

PC correct has finally found Captain Scarlet.:(

In the cgi remake a few years back lieutenant Green was a woman.

I should hate to see a live action remake! No way could they ever get someone attractive enough to play Captain Blue -- Adam *sigh* -- was wonderful, whatever danny may think! (In my SFs' gendarmerie, my hero's sidekick is a blond, blue-eyed American with a strong jaw, and it was only on seeing an image of Capt Blue recently that I realised where I'd got the image from!) The puppet Capt Scarlet wasn't nearly as handsome, though he was far sexier in the drawings for the credits where he's stretching for the dynamite or plunging down through the sharks, but I loved him best because of his gorgeous voice *toes curl* :love:

HD restoration? The DVD remaster was spectacular in its own right.

Love the original series. There is, of course, no other.

If you like audio adventures the Big Finish audio range of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons is very good, it's nice that they've managed to deliver some new content with the Spectrum Files.