Killjoys 1.04: Vessel

The Bluestocking

Bloody Mary in Blue
Thoroughly enjoyed this week's episode which fleshed out more of the Quad's politics and the "nuns with guns" reminded me a little of the Bene Gesserit!

Me too. Killjoys is consistently at the top of my watch list every week.

really like how this show continues to world build with each episode, has some talented people behind the design of the world who have clearly put a lot of thought into this. Loved the attitudes of the characters and their on screen chemistry, nuns with guns, and how the Leithian girls were so comfortable and badass, and loved how the action tied in so well with the killer, upbeat music. The politics games within games made for an entertaining resolution.

The only wish I would have was that there be a bit more to the fight scenes, but that's minor. The bad guys were defeated a bit too easily, imo.

Last edited:
1.04 Vessel
The story-weaving complexity in this series continues to amaze me. This episode had a humanistic story at its heart, surrounded by intense violence, all under the still unfolding umbrella of the Quad social and political structures. The writers are putting an incredible amount of effort into creating the world of Killjoys, while still fleshing out characters and working out their relationships.

I was amused by John's warning to D'Avin that Dutch is their "sister." Does anyone think that will work?

Okay guys, no offense meant to anyone. But are we talking about the same show? It's subjective, I guess, but I find the show, shallow, poorly written, repetitive, boring and, well, just not my cup of hemlock. So, I'm out. But best of luck to the fans.

Okay guys, no offense meant to anyone. But are we talking about the same show? It's subjective, I guess, but I find the show, shallow, poorly written, repetitive, boring and, well, just not my cup of hemlock. So, I'm out. But best of luck to the fans.

Eh? I guess horses for courses?

I can see where Droflet was coming from here, but I also see that in his later posts in this forum he grew to like this show immensely. (y)

Having already watched the 'Widow' in action in Into the Badlands I think that the 'sisters doing it for themselves' is much better done there, with better choreographed fight scenes, but since this was made some considerable time before Into the Badlands, it was this show that influenced the other.

The 'Too Posh to Push' plot, I'm not so sure about. If the 'Real Housewives of Qureshi' are that affluent, vain and shallow, I think there is little hope left for the future of the 'Nine' in any case.